10 yrs ago Canadians moved Malartic

MTO

Really? 

They moved an entire town to mine gold and you guys got nothing?

Ok......

Then let's talk about what brand of freaking slippers we all wear....

Gawd.....

Never heard of it. Will have to check it out. How far did they move the town?

Oh, and the weather is so nice here it feels like spring, so no more slippers....... ?

They moved the town of sheridon to Lynn lake basically after then mines shut down.  Our local little town was actually moved years ago too so it was next to the railroad. Course there wasn’t much there to move at the time.  Uranium city in the far north part of Saskatchewan  was all dismantled and moved out too. Local ag dealer bought a huge building there for next to nothing but he was responsible for taking  it down and moving it.  Only winter access on a ice road on the east end of lake Athabaskan. 

@King of Obsoletehad a book and lots of knowledge about this moving the town of Sheridan, think it took 2 winters as they could only move them with cat trains when it was frozen 

20 minutes ago, hardtail said:

@King of Obsoletehad a book and lots of knowledge about this moving the town of Sheridan, think it took 2 winters as they could only move them with cat trains when it was frozen 

yes the town of sherridon was moved to lynn lake in 1949-53 all by cat, linn tractors and sleighs. fun times.

thansk

Last summer/fall I was through there about seven times hauling hay. 
 It was the first time I’ve ever been up there, and man was I surprised about the size of the mines up there!

It’s about a 5 hour drive from me, There’s at least two hours driving through the park where the roads are rough as HE!! Some places! The first couple of times up and down I hit a few “bumps“ in the road where my phone went flying out of the cupholder and on the floor of the cab of the truck!
 Coming up to the town of Malartic the main road runs along side the mine for a bit and then you see the old road goes straight where the new road curves to the right as you come into the town. 
 Mining is the main source of income for that area and after that would be logging or agriculture, and then probably tourism. It would be a nice place to visit for sure! (In the summer) Unless you like snowmobiling. LOL
 It’s amazing the pile of rock that they are moving just to get gold!

I have pictures!