Whats the rarest Letter series tractor ?

Whats in the barn ?

Question of the month whats the rarest letter series tractor ?

54 super H was the rarest of the H . I am not sure what the production of the B and BN were 

27 minutes ago, dale560 said:

My dads old farming partner had a super wd9 rice field special. It was bought new in North Dakota.

well i have a Super WDR9 . 1956 right at the end of production.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rustred said:

well i have a Super WDR9 . 1956 right at the end of production.

They are actually common up in big farm country, hand clutch and big fenders. I don’t know why hand clutch was popular but maybe for belt work you could engage disengage from the ground. Also the plows back then would unhook from hitch if hit a big rock, lots of cable , rope arrangement to disengage clutch if it happened.

12 hours ago, KWRB said:

@Tonyincahas an orchard tractor with a 3pt, of which there were less than ten.

Yes the US orchard has a funky 3 point set up unlike the Au. where the 3 point rock shaft is built into the top cover ,very clean.

You gotta lay down some parameters here... Are we talking just letter series or are we counting the W4-6-9 as well? Are we talking about full production of a specific model including all variants, or a particular variant? Are we splitting it down by model year?

• Like 1

Why isn’t I, O & W not part of the letter series?  Last time I checked those are letters.  Also the 4 & 6 were built in the same factory as A thru M & share a lot of the same parts.

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, ihrondiesel said:

Dang......rookie mistake! 

you are correct IH never built a Super H-TA they only built two straight H tractors with experimental ta's.

How about the fabled (or maybe dreamed up is a better term) model R, which is the row crop equivalent of a W9 or the RD which would be row crop equivalent of WD9.  

I also forget if it was a rumor I heard of on here, or if it was a prototype, a WD14 which would have been the wheeled equivalent of a TD14.