Welder on Big Iron Today

2 hours ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

so what did it bring?

$4300.00 i called the welding shop and they said those welders sold new for $2300. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Wow what are people thinking. 

Lots of idiots with cash and time on their hands perusing online auctions for a thrill now

• Like 1

Both pretty high bidder numbers, maybe new to this online auction thing. 

Price notwithstanding...........if the globe trotter from SD would have gotten it, he would have had a nice tour of Nebraska and Kansas just to go get it. 

This morning he has to be thinking, "whew, dodged a bullet there, what was I thinking"?

• Like 1

Went to a auction last month, fab shop selling out. They had 2 wire feeders I was interested in. One went for 2100 and the other was 2400, same price as new.

44 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Is there a supply issue that is driving the used prices?

Not saying that is the case here but...............................

When people are given money that they did not have to work for, they do not know it's true value. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Is there a supply issue that is driving the used prices?

Probably. We are having a hard time getting new Lincoln machines in at work. Hypertherm plasma cutters have big lead times too these days. 

My thought is,  I dont buy guns or welders at auctions. They always sell above there value. Hard to get any kinda deal. 

Edited by dannyredfan
20 hours ago, hagan said:

$4300.00 i called the welding shop and they said those welders sold new for $2300. 

I paid $1800 for mine new about 5 years ago $2300 is list so $4300 is insane for used.

I would imagine the used market will be flooded soon with all the pipe line shutdowns 

50 minutes ago, dannyredfan said:

My thought is,  I dont buy guns or welders at auctions. They always sell above there value. Hard to get any kinda deal. 

I add tools in general to that list. Baffles me when people pay more then new for stuff that’s been beat on in a shop for years. Sometimes the old tools are indeed better quality but even so. 

• Like 2