anyone have one of these kind of phones?

searcyfarms

You can buy any Smart phone for a lot less than what the carriers are selling them for.  I get mine from B&H Photo in New York for less than half of what the carriers want and you can use them on any carriers service with your present phone number.  I have had a Motorola Moto G5 for at least 5 years with no problems.  They are new when you order a phone and not refurbished like some carriers sell.  Look them up on the internet and save some money.

• Like 2

Years ago I had a Cat smartphone. It was supposed to be rugged. It was not quite rugged enough in the end 

• Sad 2

I have no knowledge of that phone or know anyone who has one.  I phone with a glass screen protector and an otter box has been working for me.  I am rough on phones.  Farm Mechanic/ welder/ logging and firewood.  Mine was in a bucket of HYdraulic oil not too long ago and still works.  I think it’s a iPhone X.  

1 hour ago, bitty said:

Years ago I had a Cat smartphone. It was supposed to be rugged. It was not quite rugged enough in the end 

well i dont think rugged as running thru one of your Bitty Built sewage pumps!!! nothing is that stout 

• Haha 2

You might save your time if you look into whether it can be bought. I tried to buy one, and they were for enterprise customers only.

I instead elected to buy a KYOCERA something-or-other phone that's EXTREMELY durable. Very pleased.

1 minute ago, KWRB said:

You might save your time if you look into whether it can be bought. I tried to buy one, and they were for enterprise customers only.

I instead elected to buy a KYOCERA something-or-other phone that's EXTREMELY durable. Very pleased.

Kyocera Duraforce pro 2.

I work at a Cat dealer and don't know anyone who has one, you would think they would be standard issue for those with company phones.... so that is telling. 

I have been wanting one though. Even if it wasn't subscribed to a cell plan it would be a handy tool since it has the thermal imaging camera, built in laser measure, air quality monitor & more.

No knowledge of the CAT phone but Otter Box seems to do a good job. Of course the one that popped out of my pocket and went through a flail mower didn’t make it nor did the one that went in the salt water. I attempted to dry and resurrect the salt phone and it actually gave out a death moan when I powered it up. All told I’m responsible for the death of about four phones not counting the one that died of natural causes?