Looking for source of new blank serial number plates

ollyvah

I have a 1961 Cub Low Boy, which has to be one of the sweetest running pieces pf machinery I have!  I bought it at auction about 20 years ago when it had a nice fresh red paint job on it. I have recently discovered it was originally sold as a municipal model, as I had found yellow paint in a few places.   The person who blasted & painted the tractor took no precaution to protect the serial number plate , & it was sand blasted nearly to being illegible. I finally removed the blasted plate the other day & was able to read all but the last digit of the serial #, (# 1397, 2 or 3  J ), once I was able to wear 2 pairs of magnifying safety glasses & turn it around to get in a different light.   I suspect that will be close enough for anything I'd need to know as far as chasing parts go.   I would like to replace the damaged tag with a good one & seem to remember talk of a source of new blank number plates somewhere.  I was wondering if someone may be able to direct ,me in the right direction to find one of those.   Thank You all, I have learned a great deal from reading this forum over the years & am continuously impressed by the amount of knowledge to be found here.

20 hours ago, mmi said:

decades ad in rpm , robert diener and 1 other were/is the ONLY legitimate purveyors

of these   + - $25 complete proper and delivered

Thank You

10 hours ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

he has pasted away but his wife was still offering the service last I knew.

Here is the contact info for them. https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/137390-need-serial-tag-help-now/?do=findComment&comment=1522325

• 1 month later...

Yep shes still doing the tag thing she advertises in The Red Power Magazine