"Houston we have a Problem"

200 yr coal reserves in AB and the power producers have been paid billions to convert to natural gas?

Domestic coal prices have risen 125% on carbon taxes and will increase $17 tonne every April til phase out, there is another seperate fuel levy on the way that will be applied across the board to every form of fuels, coal continues to be mined for international sales no tax levies, China one of the biggest customers, do you see a problem?

Sitting on 150 acres of trees I want to know when my cheque is going to show up for my carbon credit 

• Like 3
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You make some good points about nuclear and security. Im not totally against nuclear, but I dont think its the total answer..at least not at this time.   Likewise with wind and solar. But saying

That is on the banned list of "emperor has no clothes " questions

As we see in Texas  More and more green energy is coming online and there is not as much planning of increasing capacity of power generation by fossil fuel. When the weather takes out the gr

Anyone see the pictures of people sitting their cars in their driveways running because it was the only way to get warm. Imagine how screwed they'd be if their cars were all electric and weren't charged. ?? makes one think.

1 hour ago, Reichow7120 said:

Anyone see the pictures of people sitting their cars in their driveways running because it was the only way to get warm. Imagine how screwed they'd be if their cars were all electric and weren't charged. ?? makes one think.

I heard a woman and her daughter were killed because they had the car running to warm up. I think it was in the garage still

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

I heard a woman and her daughter were killed because they had the car running to warm up. I think it was in the garage still

Well common sense would say to at least back the damn car out of the garage l.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“The Root Of The Problem”

“Ten years ago, experts said Texas would be hot and dry for the rest of the century.”

“One month ago, greens were bragging that new power plant production was almost 100% wind and solar.”

“Experts predicted a warm February in Texas.”

“One week ago, greens were bragging about Texas’ dependence on wind power, and said it proved that the Green New Deal worked.”

“A few days later, reliance on wind power caused millions of people to lose power in Texas.”

https://realclimatescience.com/2021/02/the-root-of-the-problem/

• Confused 1
On 2/17/2021 at 2:40 AM, Pid 1831 said:

I fail to see how the equipment used to produce "green energy" can ever realistically pay back the energy used in the manufacture of the equipment?

In other words.

How long does the average windmill or solar panel take to repay the energy used to build transport and connect it to the grid?

They wear out and break before they ever get close to being profitable.

That is why the government has to subsidize them all with our money.

Does it make sense, "NO".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, Ian Beale said:

Thanks for sharing! Not only does it make electricity it is capable  of making potable water and synthetic kerosene.  
“The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones” 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

They wear out and break before they ever get close to being profitable.

That is why the government has to subsidize them all with our money.

Does it make sense, "NO".

The Gov't has been subsidizing since 1912 to get back on there feet after anti trust court loss.  With record profits for decades maybe big oil would get off of subsidize now.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:05 PM, iowaboy1965 said:

Disagree somewhat on nuclear. Radio actie waste that takes thousands of years to decay isnt green imo.

But I agree whats going on is madness. Dont recall this happening before over a cold snap. 

Just remember..  10 years ago i toured the Nuclear plant in E WA.  The amt of waste today is %s of what it was or the the media lies it is.  They recycled the spent rods and re used them iirc 2 x.  So the waste was lower in Rhems (sp) and volume.   All it needs is water.  Which we have.  It dont even need to be fresh clean drinking standard and it will work.  We can catch the steam and re use it even or dump back into river etc.  Iirc I read that all the radioactive waste ever made can fit into a big coal mine   ?  Or something like that.  Like the amt it really small in the grand scheme.  But the media made hubbube at 3mile isl waaaaayyyyy bigger than the truth was.  They act like Chernobyl was a well manged and designed facility.  Nuclear just dont fit into the narrative and is too reliable.  They want us pheasants to beg for power in winter so they can "help" us out.  For a fee.  Despot regimes do this all the time.  Bolivia, instead of working on water storage and procurement solutions for the people after a few dry seasons they ration the water via the military.  Juuuust enough to survive.  Hugo had tons of oul and yet blackouts  were common.  Fidel....the murderous wretch...same type of screw the system up and then offer pittance help.

48 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Just remember..  10 years ago i toured the Nuclear plant in E WA.  The amt of waste today is %s of what it was or the the media lies it is.  They recycled the spent rods and re used them iirc 2 x.  So the waste was lower in Rhems (sp) and volume.   All it needs is water.  Which we have.  It dont even need to be fresh clean drinking standard and it will work.  We can catch the steam and re use it even or dump back into river etc.  Iirc I read that all the radioactive waste ever made can fit into a big coal mine   ?  Or something like that.  Like the amt it really small in the grand scheme.  But the media made hubbube at 3mile isl waaaaayyyyy bigger than the truth was.  They act like Chernobyl was a well manged and designed facility.  Nuclear just dont fit into the narrative and is too reliable.  They want us pheasants to beg for power in winter so they can "help" us out.  For a fee.  Despot regimes do this all the time.  Bolivia, instead of working on water storage and procurement solutions for the people after a few dry seasons they ration the water via the military.  Juuuust enough to survive.  Hugo had tons of oul and yet blackouts  were common.  Fidel....the murderous wretch...same type of screw the system up and then offer pittance help.

A little uranium creates so much energy. "The fission of 1 g of uranium or plutonium per day liberates about 1 MW. This is the energy equivalent of 3 tons of coal or about 600 gallons of fuel oil per day, which when burned produces approximately 1/4 tonne of carbon dioxide." Source: https://www2.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/chapters/14/1.html

However, there are even more efficient reactors. Instead of using uranium or plutonium they use Thorium, which contains about 35x more energy than uranium does

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Just remember..  10 years ago i toured the Nuclear plant in E WA.  The amt of waste today is %s of what it was or the the media lies it is. 

Bingo!  Believe NOTHING that comes from the MSM.

I went through the public information center at one of the two nuclear plants on the Hanford Reservation back in 1994 (or so), and while one plant was on line, the second was something on the order of 98 percent complete, but could not be completed because of 'environmental concerns' or some such BS.

IF the do-gooders, and the CPUSSA had allowed the completion of the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage site, the US would have a safe and secure place to store high level nuclear waste products.

While the radical environmentalists complain and moan about nuclear energy, they say NADA about the birds being killed by wind turbines, most likely because 'president' 44 approved of both the wind turbines and the wanton killing of birds, but would NOT allow oil and gas exploration because of the risk to the 'spotted tree mouse".  TYPICAL LIBERAL HYPOCRISY.

• Like 1
On 2/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, Reichow7120 said:

Well common sense would say to at least back the damn car out of the garage l.

Well, they pushed the dang button and the door didn’t open, what the heck do you expect?

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

Well, they pushed the dang button and the door didn’t open, what the heck do you expect?

Sadly in all honesty, that's probably what happened next to the " I don't want to back the car out because its cold out there " 

If there was only a way to release the automatic garage door opener so you could manually lift the door to get out.??.