How cold did it get.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had -28F according to the thermometer on the wall this morning at sunup.  Didn't take a pic.............don't want to remember.               ?             ?    

Bottineau  ND.   Northwest of Dale 560 60 miles or so

Posted Images

I had -28F according to the thermometer on the wall this morning at sunup. 

Didn't take a pic.............don't want to remember.               ?             ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We had -10 last night and it is supposed a little worse tonight but the wind won't stop. Around -25 wind chill all day. So you have it worse temperature wise.

Still snowing too

It was 5F at 0900 today. After I got our old Chevy K2500 Suburban going, I had 15W50 oil in it and a not so good battery, it was the first dry frozen loose snow I have driven on in years.  Great fun drive!, now I will be happy to see concrete roads again.

Tonight's suppose to be our coldest at -18 or 19 last prediction i read. This morning was -9 at 5 am.

Edit, revised it to -14 on nat weather service site. 

Got down to -31 here and up to -6 this afternoon , no wind today so it really didn't feel too bad today. It's supposed to be -20 tonight and a high tomorrow of -1 with a south wind of 10-15 mph so that means it will start to warm up a little but that wind will make it brutal cold tomorrow, I just hope the wind doesn't start till the sun is up or we will be thawing cattle waterers all day.

11 minutes ago, bkorth said:

Got down to -31 here and up to -6 this afternoon , no wind today so it really didn't feel too bad today. It's supposed to be -20 tonight and a high tomorrow of -1 with a south wind of 10-15 mph so that means it will start to warm up a little but that wind will make it brutal cold tomorrow, I just hope the wind doesn't start till the sun is up or we will be thawing cattle waterers all day.

Wind came in here today made it damn cold and blew snow around some. Glad we didn't have a foot of it on the ground. 

We are only supposed to be -11 tonight (we'll see)

Trying to send warmer weather your way?

• Like 1

-9 right now in south MO is hard on my hands.  A couple minutes and they are useless.  Time to wear elastic waistband britches so when I gotta go I can get to it, or what's left of it after I touch it with my hands.

Back in the 50s by Monday and 60+ after that.

I don't know how some of you do it for days, weeks, months on end.

YEAH the wind has finally stopped. We had -17 this morning and it feels better than yesterday's -10. Congrats to Omaha they said it was one of the coldest places in the US this morning

-30 here was the 3 longest stretch of below zero @ 200 hours since record keeping began.

-40 in roundup mt

7 minutes ago, mader656 said:

-30 here was the 3 longest stretch of below zero @ 200 hours since record keeping began.

How deep are the water lines buried to handle that ? Three feet is pretty good bet down here but more moisture or bare ground it can cause grief

I put them at 6 foot ideally or 3 feet with insulation over it because of rock.

-18 here this morning. But better than yesterday with the wind and snow. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

How deep are the water lines buried to handle that ?

Normally at LEAST 8 feet....

Had one freeze at 10 feet once, but that was under a city street that was plowed all winter.

Good idea to NOT move snow off the top of a line if not necessary.
Mike

3 hours ago, Timothy56 said:

Bottineau  ND.   Northwest of Dale 560 60 miles or so

IMG_7841.JPG

They are checking to make sure that is right. But there are other readings from the area that approached 50 below so they are close. We were only 30 some below here in rugby.