Coldest day in 100 years in Dallas

11 hours ago, MTO said:

The trick I use is to think good warm thoughts...

girls-fishing-500-82.jpg

Must be a XXX. in disguise.  Lot of fake stuff there being promoted. PC now

1 minute ago, 806 man said:

Must be a Dem. in disguise.  Lot of fake stuff there being promoted.

Omg! Another political post!!!

BJ!

Ban this infidel!!! 

20 hours ago, jason812 said:

image.png.65de1c07c6a088909dcae1cdf71dad0e.png

I'd come down but I don't have any summer cloths to wear.

I'm 2 hours south of Dallas and it was 8 when I woke up.  Snow on top of ice.  I don't think I'm in TX right now.

• Sad 1
36 minutes ago, augercreek said:

Spoke with My Relatives  in the Panhandle of Oklahoma this morning,   Rolling one hour Blackouts, about 3 inches of snow on the ground,  but mighty Cold.

Seems like Air Conditioning would use more power in the summer than space heaters in the Winter.

Many Houses don't have the Plumbing insulated to handle sub Zero temps for prolong periods of time,  There cattle Waters Have frozen and broke without the heating unit powered,  That seems unfair for livestock producers,  No Water for the animals when the well Pump is Dead for an hour at a time.  Then they fight to get there heads into the watering unit,  24 hour Battle!!

There PTO Generator was loaned to the folks in Texas with the Ice Storm that took down power lines.

He & the Mrs. Have Slept in there Ram 4X4 pickup for a couple of Days, Rather than a cold Bunk house, Just to keep watch on the Cattle, (Also Calving Season)

6.7 Cummins hasn't been shut off for a week he claims,     Has a "Hay Spike" on the rear of the truck to feed his Beef Herd,  Has Bags of Feed on the Flat bed of the Ram, he refers to as "Cake" that they feed the cattle with,  Cold weather has Made consumption of High Energy Feed Important. 

10 Days ago he Boasted on the cell phone of  "62 Degree Weather",       Best of Luck Neighbors!!

Jim Droscha

• Like 1

Just had a Parts Express rep stop by that lives in Nebraska. He says Omaha right now is having rolling power outages and none of the traffic lights are working. Causing major traffic issues. 

The rolling power blackouts were created because all recent power grid expansion was created by wind and solar based technologies, both have failed in this really cold snow storm. So the prior to expansion grid is now over loaded. Wind and solar are fine in summer to support AC but not in the rare sub zero winter.  

How dose wind do in the cold Wyoming and Montana plains.

I hear we set some records in Sask. too this past weekend. Down in the -40s. Have not seen above 0 for 12 days now. But pretty much business as usual. Power and gas keep flowing where its needed. Diesel fuel does not gell. Things could be worse. 

Cattle sun Feb 10.jpg

• Like 3
On 2/15/2021 at 9:01 AM, jason812 said:

image.png.65de1c07c6a088909dcae1cdf71dad0e.png

I'm 2 hours south of Dallas and it was 8 when I woke up.  Snow on top of ice.  I don't think I'm in TX right now.

You've just entered the xi Joe and spread eagle twilight zone - green new deal division... 

But you can probably use it, you're expecting another drought year according to ag weather reports. I sent my share down your way cause it's over waist deep here, and thats after a winters worth of it settling. (4-5 ft total). Good luck with your power & stay warm, if possible.

• Thanks 1