Not how I wanted to start

Lazy WP

49 minutes ago, WishIhada1466 said:

Take your hoses loose off the back of the washing machine and stick them in the drain for the washing machine and just crack the valves. That's my plan tonight.

May try the same. Wife's washing right now. Got some hay stacked against the outside of the wall too. 

10 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Good luck Nick, I had all the water running throughout the house last nite so wife had it early this morning. 

Stupid cold. 

Called Chad and told him North Platte was out of Y grade until thursday but A grade was in So I can get his regular gas tonight. 

Nervous about the DEF tank and I know everything is going to be damn stiff, haven't driven since this cold snap started last week. 

I guess people are calling both stations saying they are needing #1. W**, are you really that stupid out here too!!!

You had all week to plan for this. 

I've been topping off the tank in the 1486 with number one every two days leading up to this so should be around a 50/50 mix by now. Also spun on new filters when I was done feeding yesterday. Hoping for the best today. 

At least the sun is out and it has heat. Steam is coming off the bales already. 

I put a fuel pressure gauge on my 766, mainly to let me know when a filter change was in order.  But pushing snow in the bad winters we had in the early '80s, I found out if the fuel pressure started to drop a little bit, it was time to head for the house and a hair dryer.  Worked out pretty well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

I put a fuel pressure gauge on my 766, mainly to let me know when a filter change was in order.  But pushing snow in the bad winters we had in the early '80s, I found out it the fuel pressure started to drop a little bit, it was time to head for the house and a hair dryer.  Worked out pretty well.

I'm with you Steve, fuel pressure gauges definitely have a place. 

On my Dodge Cummins I run pre and post filter pressure gauges.

Lets me know if it's the lift pump (they are prone) or filter. 

4 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

I got mine thawed as well. I got tired of screwing around and I made an access to the attic. Wife was pretty proud............but she is happy the washer works again. Me too, I was about to have to sink wash my long johns. I figured going into the unknown as far as truss spacing, and wiring I would be safer with a hammer than saw or knife. Within 30 seconds of hitting the PVC pipe with a hair drier it was free. Now I just have to make the hole in the cieling look presentable and build a frame and door for it. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

20210215_141242.thumb.jpg.deacfbe2aa0fb3f288a62cb215aa6c3c.jpg

I was thinking when you made that post earlier to do just that, can easily put a access in it later.

I got into work at the mountain Sunday to find everything in chaos, apparently our shop hose, which freezes when it gets really cold got turned on by someone, when it didn't produce water, they walked away, sometime in the night it thawed and started pumping, it flooded the repair shop, half of the rental shop and it all ran down through the mezzanine into the food and beverage storage room below, ruined thousand and thousands of dollars worth of food on the busiest weekend of the season. menus had to be changed, food reordered, I spent the morning tearing out soggy ceiling tile and squeegeeing floor, throwing out ruined food, draining fluorescent lights.. bad deal. upstairs my coworker spent about 4 hours wet vacing the carpet emptied the thing several dozen times. 

• Sad 2

Well, yesterday I had the truck running, water running, and critters fed. This morning the water was running, I started the truck at -14.8, and have not fed critters yet. All of a sudden I am sitting in the dark. 
WE NEVER LOSE POWER! And its not a rolling black out.

I AM SO SO THANKFUL FOR THE LINEMEN WHO TAKE CARE OF ME!!!