H build

6 hours ago, TheIntimidator1066 said:

I got an H and looking for around 55 or 60 horse. I’m pulling against a 1937 John Deere A that’s around 45 horse and I want to not come in second place how do I do it. The tractor isn’t used for farm work

Wouldn't an M be a better comparison to a John Deere A ?

• Like 1

TURBO ! TURBO ! TURBO !      http://keystoneturbollc.com/id85.html

I believe someone was just offering the same thought that I had. It is a lot easier/cheaper to get an M to 55-60hp, but you can definitely get an H there. You can get an H to 80+hp for a good chunk of money. 

The quickest way to get an H there is to get ahold of a late 300 or 350 engine and turn the RPMs up a little (if you are allowed). 2400 rpms should put you at your hp request. 

Whats a matter with turbo ?  Cheap horsepower without doing all that engine work . Will stock H take a turbo and make good power. Im a old Hotrodder and that was the best way to make cheap power ??

Cubic dollars = more power .... usually

• Haha 1

Around here no one will let you pull a turbocharged gas tractor. I turbocharger my Farmall M back in the mid 90's and people just complained that it was "too dangerous" to turbo a gas engine. The funny thing was, the turbo I used was off a turbocharged gasoline saab car. It was even funnier that there was no rule against people cranking the rpms as far as they would go, but it was "too dangerous' to turbocharge a gas engine HAHAHA. 

Most places today just make rules against it, especially if it is any type of antique class.