4 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Cools right off here at night yet. By mid afternoon the temp is getting up to almost zero now though. 30-40° temp swings just from the sun. Supposed to be almost thawing by the weekend though so that’ll bring all the crazies out of the house again lol. Snowmobile trails will be packed this weekend I’m sure.  Maybe I can finally stop hearing people talk about wind chill for a bit lol. Some people act like the apocalypse is coming when it’s -40 plus a 5mph wind lol. Probably the worst cold spell we’ve had in quite a few years though. Usually it brakes after a few days. This time it’s lasted almost 2 weeks.  Some people forget that it used to last for a month or more at a time though. 

E7B50306-94B2-4678-84F4-84679E4661AB.png

Our coldest weather here was 2008/ 2009. Got around 100 inches of snow and the temp would swing from 30 above to 40 below. Warm up for a week get cold for a week it was crazy.  My brother graduated high school in 1990. Mid December of 89 it went below zero and didn’t rise above for over 30 days. Just used to have weather like that. Now this year has been warm and no snow here in North Dakota until it cooled off last week. These wind chill guys should have been around before they changed the way to calculate it. They used to have wild fluctuations in wind chill temps. I don’t care for feels like temp give me the actual air temp I will figure it out.

• Like 2

This was outside of Swift Current, SK about a week ago.  It was -49C (-56F) with the windchill.  It was about 60km/h (40mph) winds.  Although we get colder than that at times, it’s rare to have that nasty of a wind.  It was brutal - I had to spend about 2hrs throughput the day out there.   I have no idea how rabbits, coyotes and whitetail deer survive this stuff.  

608AC735-E5CB-4289-90D3-371F95B0FA89.png

50 minutes ago, Sask466 said:

This was outside of Swift Current, SK about a week ago.  It was -49C (-56F) with the windchill.  It was about 60km/h (40mph) winds.  Although we get colder than that at times, it’s rare to have that nasty of a wind.  It was brutal - I had to spend about 2hrs throughput the day out there.   I have no idea how rabbits, coyotes and whitetail deer survive this stuff.  

Thank you for doing the conversions for me. I hate to dig out my calculator! ? That's some pretty cold temps..... ?

3 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Also just seen on the local news. Warming shelters closed because of presidents day. Now while I see it that you should try and take care of yourself. I also find it ironic these people say they wanna help but hey its a holiday. Others closed cause they're afraid of spreading corona. If you're froze to death you ain't gonna get the corona. People are stupid anymore. 

here most are open any day < 25* how ever something dumba$%^$

9-5 (sun warm out) 7-3......< 18* hard to reach locations 12 am-6am

9 hours ago, MTO said:

Dunno how you canadians do this year after year.

Determination I guess Ralph. 

It's simple. They hang out at the whaler on Maui. Truth be known there's a few from the mid west that nest there for 2-3 months this time of year.

It's 2F right now her in western arkansas with 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Supposed to be -6f in the morning.

It hasn't been that cold here in a long time.

Thx-Ace