One of the hardest things I have ever done today.

INTERNATIONAL 1466

Buried one of my Uncle's today. He was as close to me as my own Dad. Man was it tough! He was informed he had lung cancer last fall and went home to his Lord on the sixth. He was 72 and farmed the better part of 40 years. My sons and I now have the task of helping his kids with all his farm stuff. He has three wonderful kids but none were on the farm. He asked the boys and I to handle his IH dispersal for him before he passed. That dreaded cancer has no mercy! He is survived by his loving wife his three kids and their families. Man do I miss him! But I will see him again one day!

• Sad 13

My thoughts and prayers for you and the family. 

Honor his memory and remember the good times. 

You are right, you will be together again and it will be a joyful reunion. 

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this. Praying for you and your family

Sorry to hear. Prayers for you and the family. That’s never an easy thing to deal with but you know there is a silver lining (or golden street) to that cloud that will be better than any of us can comprehend. 

I too have an uncle I'm very close to kinda like a second dad.  Never married and lived next to us on the "homestead" house.  Was always good to me, good to my kids now, and just spent a lot of time together through the years.   I'm really dreading not only facing the loss of my dad someday, but him as well.  

May you find comfort in these times.

Sorry to hear about your loss, thanks for sharing the news with us. Hope the responses give some comfort.   Thoughts and prayers for all involved.  

Sorry for your loss.