Looks like Al Gore was right

I am ready for some of that globull warming anytime

Not so much for me but poor Cupid is gonna freeze his little nuggets off on Sunday?

865959275_Valentinesdaycupid.JPG.54379b32b32dd943d3f04ce9c81a0529.JPG

• Haha 6

It’s gonna be rough. Last night was getting me warmed up for what’s to come the next several days. Possibly up to 20” of snow starting Saturday morning. For us that’s a lot in one shot plus single digit temps for the highs Sunday and Monday. Feel like I moved close to sandhiller and don’t remember packing. 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

It’s gonna be rough. Last night was getting me warmed up for what’s to come the next several days. Possibly up to 20” of snow starting Saturday morning. For us that’s a lot in one shot plus single digit temps for the highs Sunday and Monday. Feel like I moved close to sandhiller and don’t remember packing. 

Glad we are only sposed to get a few inches. Mainly stupid cold. 

I have fuel to haul but told the boys I would rather park the truck till Monday. 

A lot less stress if all I have to worry about is taking care of the cows. 

Being broke down/stranded on the road somewhere and not getting home to feed and chop ice was wearing on me this week. 

Luckily they agreed with me. 

HOpe you get through this storm safe. I think I heard of a bad pileup in Texas due to snow???

Take care down there. 

• Like 1

I-35w going thru Ft Worth, reports of a 75 vehicle pile-up, last I heard 5 dead. Not sure if it was snow, but we had freezing drizzle in Midland overnight. Temps this weekend my drop into the single digits. 

Furnace today ran nearly not stop, with temps in low 30’s. Granted furnaces here are sized very small for the sq. footage of the house. This house is 2039 sq. ft., and the furnace is 70,000 btu. If temps do drop to what’s predicted, this furnace will not hold the house temp of 68 degrees. May have to plug in an electric space heater, to help it out.

• Sad 2
47 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Glad we are only sposed to get a few inches. Mainly stupid cold. 

I have fuel to haul but told the boys I would rather park the truck till Monday. 

A lot less stress if all I have to worry about is taking care of the cows. 

Being broke down/stranded on the road somewhere and not getting home to feed and chop ice was wearing on me this week. 

Luckily they agreed with me. 

HOpe you get through this storm safe. I think I heard of a bad pileup in Texas due to snow???

Take care down there. 

I saw headlines of the pileup in ft worth. 70 to 100 involved. That would be a bad situation no doubt. Had a wreck north of Guthrie Ok Monday morning that had the road closed for 16 hours and another pileup in okc that day. 
  I haven’t ran all week. I figured a good days wage isn’t worth being parked a month while my truck is in the body shop or have to go find another truck cause it’s totaled. Could of worked today and yesterday but now I’d be worried how many frozen calves I’ll find when I get home at the end of the day. 
  We’ve been in the 20’s or below since last Saturday and not suppose to get above freezing till next weekend.
  When everyone was bailing tons of hay back in July all the old timers were talking about how bad the winter was gonna be since we had lots of rain. Now here it is but up till now it’s been an easy winter except for an ice storm in October and light snow before Christmas. Last week before it hit our local meteorologist said this front will impact 70% of the country. Think he was right. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Lars (midessa) said:

Watched video late last night of people cell phones from those that stopped on the other side of the road. It is absolutely gut wrenching to watch, just horrible. It was determined that ‘black ice’. It just before sunrise.

I saw a video of the carnage in progress. Everyone was driving way WAY too fast for conditions. The semi trucks came plowing in to the already stopped vehicles like bats out of h_ll. Yes gut wrenching. Outrageous.

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Black ice.....sounds racist

Yup,,,,, no more black ice,,, now it's called invisible ice???

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, supermpuller said:

Its amazing how many people don't have a clue what climate change is.

Oh Al. Please tell us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Was -23 below Friday morning.

Supposed to hit -25 below Friday and Saturday night.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nippely

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, supermpuller said:

Its amazing how many people don't have a clue what climate change is.

Maybe you should try to recognize sarcasm. Much to your surprise many of us hill billies do know that climate change is real. I think the point is that the self proclaimed experts started talking about “Global Warming” claiming we’d burn up by the 80’s. These same elite experts blame it 100% on us stupid humans, even though climate change has always happened.

• Like 1

I don't know how y'all up north deal with winter.  This is the Waco area and will be possibly be record cold but its nothing compared to what those if you up north deal with.  For us, its down right miserable. 

image.png.fd7b4bd5fca15410c66b65618195a442.png

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Rick G. said:

I saw a video of the carnage in progress. Everyone was driving way WAY too fast for conditions. The semi trucks came plowing in to the already stopped vehicles like bats out of h_ll. Yes gut wrenching. Outrageous.

I watched that and thought the truckers must not use cb's any more.  18 years ago when I stopped driving that would have been all over the radio and it would have been a pileup of 4 wheelers.  That and I think there are not as experienced drivers in the trucks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 2/11/2021 at 6:40 PM, Tmtbob said:

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Lars (midessa) said:

Furnace today ran nearly not stop, with temps in low 30’s. Granted furnaces here are sized very small for the sq. footage of the house. This house is 2039 sq. ft., and the furnace is 70,000 btu. If temps do drop to what’s predicted, this furnace will not hold the house temp of 68 degrees. May have to plug in an electric space heater, to help it out.

Close the registers and doors of any rooms you don't have to use.  Helps a lot.

• Like 1

i was getting unloaded not far from there in Arlington yesterday morning at 360 and I-30....got reloaded in Garland and was headed out of Dallas area on I-30, didnt get far when i sat for 2 hrs while they cleaned up a crash ahead of me. got moving but after spending another hour to go about 10 miles i decided to park for the night because the road look pretty glassy.

Was out cutting up firewood for the shop today and the sun was shining nice and bright. Came in after a while thinking to myself how it felt like it was warming up outside. Walked over and looked at the thermometer and said nope guess not lol. Still showed -15°F. Suns got some heat in it now again though.