I don’t think they got all of the 1000 pounds off but they got most of it. 

6AA94C4E-58BE-46F0-92CD-2EE9D0753CEA.jpeg

243CFF01-D567-4A21-AAF2-2E3CE85C4F04.jpeg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

Blue beacon wash,  which one? I used to bring work trucks up to the Fargo one till the company built its own wash bay.

Oakley Kansas. This is the first time I have used any other then their home wash. They didn’t get the trailer undercarriage very well, but WAY better than it was. 

I saw a crew cab dually that looked that bad today. (extra 1,000 pounds too) Front tires throw it on the side of the cab and bed and the rear fenders catch everything left over.

I had to fight a scale ticket once where the ENTIRE underside of my reefer (refrigerated) trailer was covered in slush the consistency of mashed potatoes.

Since I was actually hauling potatoes (seed) we had scaled the truck and trailer out for 80,000 pounds gross.  But an extra 38xx pounds of slop and slush made the fine folks of Dumfries, Virginia unhappy.

Fortunately I carried a Kodak SLR and snapped pictures of it.  Enlarged copies of the pictures were mailed in with the citation and the outbound scale slips, putting the matter to rest.

• Like 3

Beautiful ride Nick!!!

Have you ever been through the truck wash in North Platte. 

I am tempted to try them this spring when this weather crap gets over with. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

Beautiful ride Nick!!!

Have you ever been through the truck wash in North Platte. 

I am tempted to try them this spring when this weather crap gets over with. 

I have never taken the truck there. Lisa used to take our dually there. Sounds like they have a bunch of old farts working there. Always did a great job on the pickup. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, edwardporter1 said:

Hotsey can work wonders but it takes time and getting wet

A heated shop and a large volume of water (old fire truck or similar) can do the trick as well.  Thaw out the sloppy unit and hose it off.

Then bring in the skid steer to clean up the mess on the floor!

8 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I had to fight a scale ticket once where the ENTIRE underside of my reefer (refrigerated) trailer was covered in slush the consistency of mashed potatoes.

Since I was actually hauling potatoes (seed) we had scaled the truck and trailer out for 80,000 pounds gross.  But an extra 38xx pounds of slop and slush made the fine folks of Dumfries, Virginia unhappy.

Fortunately I carried a Kodak SLR and snapped pictures of it.  Enlarged copies of the pictures were mailed in with the citation and the outbound scale slips, putting the matter to rest.

Glad it turned out that way for you. I could easily see them saying "weight is weight" on the road.

They use so much salt around me that you would never know my pickup is black! Too cold to wash at home so through the car wash today. They won't let me through with anything in the bed so it's a PITA.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

A heated shop and a large volume of water (old fire truck or similar) can do the trick as well.  Thaw out the sloppy unit and hose it off.

Then bring in the skid steer to clean up the mess on the floor!

I have neither ☹️  My wife did tell me that we need to think about the heated shop, but buying our place in 2018, a truck in 2020, and now the trailer in 2021, I am deeper in debt than ever!! 
Some day, hopefully and it’s going to be big enough for truck trailer and my tractors (toys)!

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

I have neither ☹️  My wife did tell me that we need to think about the heated shop, but buying our place in 2018, a truck in 2020, and now the trailer in 2021, I am deeper in debt than ever!! 
Some day, hopefully and it’s going to be big enough for truck trailer and my tractors (toys)!

Slow but sure wins the race. Good Luck in your endeavors

14 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

I don’t think they got all of the 1000 pounds off but they got most of it. 

6AA94C4E-58BE-46F0-92CD-2EE9D0753CEA.jpeg

That certainly IS a perty truck Lazy.

What does it cost to run through that wash bay?

Assume it`s automatic or did you get wet?

5 hours ago, New Englander said:

They won't let me through with anything in the bed so it's a PITA.

flying projectiles

3 mess to clean up and no one else will enter until..

2 jams breaks equip

1 !!  your equip broke our window did $3k damaged to paint bill/atty attached 

13 hours ago, farmall666 said:

MILKER TANKER?

Former Wisconsin milk truck, hauling potable water here in Pa now

2 hours ago, MTO said:

That certainly IS a perty truck Lazy.

What does it cost to run through that wash bay?

Assume it`s automatic or did you get wet?

$138. Under carriage brightner, and Rainex, which might be a waste of money, but in theory, it should help the crap not stick. 
No one likes my ribbed trailer and it costs an extra 20 bucks. I am finally back under 30,000 empty. With the fuel I have on, normally I am under 29000, but it is what it is. 

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I like it. 

36 minutes ago, mmi said:

flying projectiles

3 mess to clean up and no one else will enter until..

2 jams breaks equip

1 !!  your equip broke our window did $3k damaged to paint bill/atty attached 

I have no argument, except maybe the 4 feet of railroad track they weren't happy with. There was no way it was going to leap out of the bed and snag the equipment.