Found some Amo today

4 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

THEM BOYS IS GOUGING JUST A MITE DON'T YA THINK???

The sad thing is people are buying it.

I went on a “No Heat “ call at this place this morning and watched guys buying  it  like crazy. 

• Haha 1

The employees are instructed to only put a few boxes out at a time to create a feeling of urgency . I was in the warehouse and looked at pallets and pallets of amo stacked up three pallets high . Everyone hates this guy and he knows it so he dosent care if you buy it or not . 80% of his stash goes out on the internet he says. 

• Sad 1

I wonder if the gouging laws apply to ammo? Did you check his gun prices?

That is crazy.  I haven't bought any ammo this year other then 2 boxes of .243 and 2 boxes off 7mm-08 back in the summer. I hope those prices aren't a sign of things to come.  

its called ''supply and demand''

I hope you charged them ''hollyday rate'' for the no heat call

gotta be worth at least a case of ammo.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Mike H said:

its called ''supply and demand''

I hope you charged them ''hollyday rate'' for the no heat call

gotta be worth at least a case of ammo.

Mike

Similar idea, different scene

A vet  set up practice in a heavily unionised town.

Let it be known that, as they were happy to get time and a half or better for after hours and weekends,  he would be happy to charge his vet work on the same principle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, lightninboy said:

Gee, having some could be a matter of life or death.

If you have no ammo for a gun that you have had a long time it is your fault for not being prepared. That doesn’t make price gouging right by any means but if you have had a normal caliber firearm for 2-3 months and have zero ammo, the only person to blame for the “life or death” situation is yourself. (If you consider that firearm is for protection)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

If you have no ammo for a gun that you have had a long time it is your fault for not being prepared. That doesn’t make price gouging right by any means but if you have had a normal caliber firearm for 2-3 months and have zero ammo, the only person to blame for the “life or death” situation is yourself. 

Agreed- or hope said firearm is a hi point, which qualifies as a “club gun”.

when out of ammo start clubbing then!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Agreed- or hope said firearm is a hi point, which qualifies as a “club gun”.

when out of ammo start clubbing then!!

Ha ha. Agreed.  Better be depending on function with one of those because there was zero form involved in the design process. 

Don't have thousands of rounds but I'll be dead before I run out.

• Like 3

In 1988 I was plinking with my gun-crazy cousin and he recommended I buy a brick of .22. I've still got a lot of that brick left. 

I still maintain a .410 pump is often all you really need for self-defense. Do you think a .410 pump is politically correct?

• Like 2

What wouldn’t be “politically correct” about a .410 pump?  I guess I’m missing something in that comment?? Nothing wrong with a brick of .22s or a .410 that I know of.  Have and use what you are comfortable with. 

41 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

I still maintain a .410 pump is often all you really need for self-defense. Do you think a .410 pump is politically correct?

If you let him get close enough to do it correctly?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, lightninboy said:

I mean would all firearms get banned right down to single-shots?

Local Case IH mechanic slept with a .410 under his pillow when he went to vo-tech in the '70s.

Not banned the way I understand it. I have not read the entire bill that is being proposed and I don’t want this thread going down the wrong pathway. I believe there is wording regarding military style firearms, magazines of a certain size, and mass registration. A lot of people don’t feel that is any business of the government and if the powers that be were honest in their dealings, that they (leadership) would not be afraid of what the people have.  Remember the line from the Gettysburg Address where Pres Lincoln said “a government of the people, by the people, and for the people”?  He was describing the design of government.  Some would say that the line quoted above is not exactly true any more.  

long story short.... I personally don’t think anyone will take your .410 pump away but there may be yearly taxes on it and special registration for it.