18" Front Wheels 454

TonyMax

Hi all,

In the continuing saga of an old tractor being used, now I've broken a front hub and front wheel.

The hub is no drama, I've determined that I have the heavy duty stuff, but mine has 7.50-18 front tyres which means 18" rims, and standard spec is 16".

Can anyone advise what models of tractor have six stud 18" front rims so I can source a new one please?

20210210_201905.jpg

If nothing else dismount both front tires. Cut centers out of the rims keeping the outer part of the rim untouched. Have two plates made with the bolt pattern and center in it out of 3/8 or 1/2" plate . Use a thicker plate if it's a loader tractor. Weld in the plates and paint them. 

• Like 1

18" tires were an option on most tractors. If you go to most salvage yards and ask for 18" rims off of such-and-such model tractor, you will likely be met with an argument, "Those tractors only came with 15's," or, "Those tractors only came with 16's."

There's nothing special about the rim itself. Any 18" 6-bolt implement rim should fit just fine.

• Like 1