1466 scale models pathetic

nate

15 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

Looks like a 666

Looks like it has a 407 in it.

I did a quick google search of pedal tractors.  I can't find any that 100% accurately resemble their real counterpart.  What are you all complaining about??  THEY ARE PEDAL TRACTORS DESIGNED TO BE RIDDEN!!!  They aren't precision toy tractors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

I did a quick google search of pedal tractors.  I can't find any that 100% accurately resemble their real counterpart.  What are you all complaining about??  THEY ARE PEDAL TRACTORS DESIGNED TO BE RIDDEN!!!  They aren't precision toy tractors.

You are correct, they don't. However they used to be a little more correct. There was an actual 06,56,66 and 86 and they were not all the same mold with different decals. This is a clearly a 56 presented as a 66.  I think that is what bothers most. And everyone has an opinion.

Scale models just sent us a flyer for their NEW tractors. The 50th anniversary of the 866. Unless they change it we are NOT ordering any.

Majority of pedal tractors go to collectors not kids. Very few kids will pedal a toy. They rather watch a video of another kid pedal a toy. Kids of the 90s and before wore the tires and chains off bikes and pedal toys. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Eason said:

Scale models just sent us a flyer for their NEW tractors. The 50th anniversary of the 866. Unless they change it we are NOT ordering any.

Do you have a picture of the flyer?  Is 866 correct?   Or is it a 886?  The only 866 I know of was built in Australia.

Matt

3 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Majority of pedal tractors go to collectors not kids. Very few kids will pedal a toy. They rather watch a video of another kid pedal a toy. Kids of the 90s and before wore the tires and chains off bikes and pedal toys. 

I disagree just a little bit, there... i would say that4- 7 year old kids, who would be the prime candidates for a pedal tractor are just like kids that age have always been, and would pedal the h_ll out of one if given a chance. They are too young to be addicted to electronics on their own. If it is the case, blame the parents in that instance, not the kid.

Speaking of scale models . . . this 1468 was setting on the clearance table at a local Bomgaars store, not getting any loving as evidenced by the price tags. Now I have an IH model to grace my desk. 

80814DDF-BA70-4D5A-81F9-DFD389670E70.jpeg