New Farmall M-450 crankshaft

lussetto

I am in the process bringing backing the Vohlbracht stroker crankshaft and pistons for the Farmall M-450.  After talking with a few people, I’ve decided to try and offer them in both 5.75” and 6.00" strokes.  I would appreciate your feedback so I can get an idea of how many of each stroke I’ll have made in the first batch. 
Thanks, 

Greg 

643F81BB-1A30-4229-909D-DF9CC560127F.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi there ,thanks for posting,

looking at the pictures I’d say these are cast rather than forged????........may I ask what kind of material they would be made of ???

Thanks,

Heath, 

NZ 

MMI, I’m really not sure what your question is or if you’re even looking for a response, but we have acquired the molds from Volbrachts and I’m working with a company that will finish the crankshafts with some very nice CNC equipment. 
Thanks for the interest I think?

Greg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lussetto said:

They are being made out of a nodular cast iron just like the original M&W cranks. 

Thanks for the info ?

Called the foundry today, the material is 805506 ductile iron. 

17 hours ago, IHKIWI said:

Hi there ,thanks for posting,

looking at the pictures I’d say these are cast rather than forged????........may I ask what kind of material they would be made of ???

Thanks,

Heath, 

NZ 

14 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i think @bitty wants a couple ?

Want for sure. Probably not in the budget at the moment but I need to find the particulars as my 3rd 450 needs a crankshaft although I might have a good 400 crankshaft

2 hours ago, supermpuller said:

Stay away from Denny's , he is the biggest crook  selling parts.

I've heard lots of horror stories about Denny's,  but I'd put Brian Miller selling Cub Cadet pulling parts right down there with them, or maybe a bit lower.

Some of the stories I've heard about Denny's I can hardly believe that anybody still does business with them.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:24 PM, lussetto said:

I am in the process bringing backing the Vohlbracht stroker crankshaft and pistons for the Farmall M-450.  After talking with a few people, I’ve decided to try and offer them in both 5.75” and 6.00" strokes.  I would appreciate your feedback so I can get an idea of how many of each stroke I’ll have made in the first batch. 
Thanks, 

Greg 

643F81BB-1A30-4229-909D-DF9CC560127F.jpeg

I know at 5.75 no clearancing is needed, at 6 I believe number 2 or 3 rod needs ground.

• Thanks 1