...pride comes before the fall....

mike newman

...Just   wrapped up the seasonal  hay/balage and silage operations...(hey...almost a pun...!!)..at the Rainbow Station......just got to stack up 400 plus bales  of peas and oats baleage next week...

I was asked to place and roll the silage in one of the smaller pits.... this with a 6140  JD....I had not done this "pit"   silage stuff before.....so started off tentatively .....which seemed to irritate a young bloke....a "ring in"  who came armed with a bigger JD....and a bloody great bulk bin thing to cart the' product'  from the paddock to the pit... He got a wee bit stroppy...so I asked who the **** he was......he duly told me.....then proceeded to  wax lyrical re the cost of his JD's ..his bulk bin thing....(Yeah Mate...you can pick those things up for 80K...)  and so on....I listened ...enthralled at the numbers he was tossing at me re the  aggragated value of "my"    (his)   equipment......and he had rolled silage pits  "hundreds   of times''......well, of course, I hadn't achieved this sort of greatness  in the "silage pit rolling field".....so after further instructions....I went back to the job.....The local contracter   had employed a very pretty , well porportioned lass...and very capable on  the big rake , which followed yet another  Johnny D  which had the big fore and aft mower's going...and this young bloke was very obviously showing off to this girl...at my expense...never bothered  me too much...my desire to breed with young girls  diminished  many years gone.....so.....I had a plan.....Asked the kid , how did he want to approach this pit.....this because it was still half full from the previous year......uncovered of course...but very soft, I noticed  when the Johnny D's front legs went over  it....He looked at me sadly ...like I was the village idiot.....said...."I'm      coming in from the back, of course "    Great, I thought, so off he went for his load , so I got up and heaved some fresh "Cuttings " into the front wheel marks of the JD...and beyond......

You can see the result in the first picture...it gave me great satisfaction...:D.......and it took a buch of time to hook him out.....and he wanted me to help clear the crap , around the bulk dumper...I jumped out of the JD and told him that he got the freakin' thing stuck..he could shift it......now I have to reset the right hand side steps on the JD after he pushed them up and trapped that door shut..         I guess you had to be there, but it was fun to watch ...he sunk that old Johnny D  down  to ground level  LOL

Turned out he was a Grandson  of a  Farmer where we worked over 40 years ago, logging   native timber for   ''wood chip ".....

Other picture's self explanatory.....more pleasant job than working  with  some 20 yr old  blowhard who is living on the endeavours of his Dad and  Grandad

Mike

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Where's the gurl, I ain't lost the desire, ability? Maybe, desire nope, there wuz this little blond gurl.................! 

Damn I'm repeatin meself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Another to the stories of old roosters v/s young roosters?

Hey Ian yur here, how putting up some pics of your ute, mike won't mind.

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Pictures of the young lass???

I ain't too old??

gheez  Jeff....  you are getting more  like ol' Jake......entering  into  the realms   of fantasy.......  you gettin'  them voices    as well ???

.....a real shame...thought you might have been good for a few more years yet......oh well....

Mike

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Hey Ian yur here, how putting up some pics of your ute, mike won't mind.

Ummm!  You're not taking a leaf from that old joke about "what's green with brown arms" are you?

First note the extra posted there now - I had to go find references so you'd believe me that the expression exists

My last ute was a 1994 Ford Falcon XG.  4 litre SOHC 6 cyl, 5 speed.  But note that the legal payload is 1.2 tonnes and it doesn't look like a turped dog at that.  Now the unregistered ranch beater with scars to match.

So anything Mike drives that has plates will beat it too -  no contest.

5 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Ummm!  You're not taking a leaf from that old joke about "what's green with brown arms" are you?

First note the extra posted there now - I had to go find references so you'd believe me that the expression exists

My last ute was a 1994 Ford Falcon XG.  4 litre SOHC, 5 speed.  But note that the legal payload is 1.2 tonnes and it doesn't look like a turped dog at that.  Now the unregistered ranch beater with scars to match.

So anything Mike drives that has plates will beat it too -  no contest.

I must have misunderstood, I thought you had a '48, there was some pics last week of 50s through 80s models.

2 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

I must have misunderstood, I thought you had a '48, there was some pics last week of 50s through 80s models.

Not me - I wasn't that voice. 

We do still have Dad's 1954 2 ton sidevalve Ford (a year later than you might expect as I think they ran them out down here) complete with genuine "widowmaker" 2 piece rims.  Parked but will still run.

• Thanks 1

I could see where that was going as soon as you said "I got up and heaved some fresh "Cuttings " into the front wheel marks of the JD...and beyond......".... Well done!

those 6000 series JDs are heavier than they look for their size. I rode in one repacking fresh silage after the neighbor's concrete stave silo tipped over and a bunch of us made a pile with the corn. I was impressed.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mike newman said:

entering  into  the realms   of fantasy....... 

May not have much bite left? 

But I can still bark???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, sandhiller said:

May not have much bite left? 

But I can still bark???

My neighbor says he may be too old to cut the mustard but he will still lick the jar

• Haha 4

Next----------Mike will teaching this "young bloke" the art of close up and cozy dancing with a jackhammer!!!!?

I remember Mike posting those pictures of him "putting the move" on that jackhammer.  Keep up the good work Mike--------you got the bull by the balls down there!!?

DD

• Haha 1

People like that just make you work slower while you watch them implode ???

The sweet satisfaction when they fall flat on there face ???

• Haha 1

I seem to have noticed that a few people prefer employing girls than lads for this reason.

But if the lasses start fighting .......

49 minutes ago, Pid 1831 said:

I seem to have noticed that a few people prefer employing girls than lads for this reason.

thats a bonus?

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, ozfarm said:

thats a bonus?

On 2/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, Rawleigh99 said:

Sell tickets!

I asked for that ??

I also agree

On 2/6/2021 at 7:36 PM, Pid 1831 said:

I guess it depends on whether the connecting words are  "over you" or "with you"?