Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is my afore mentioned .32long rimfire. It belonged to my great grandfather who raised beef cattle and pigs and owned a meat market/butcher shop. This was known as “the pig rifle” i don’t know if I would even dare shoot it if i had ammo. There was a company selling.32 center fire brass  with a bore off center and using a cut down .22 shell for primer. It was sold as a reloading kit and it sticks in my mind it worked out to about 160 bucks for 12 rounds.. not exactly a plinker. 

78B46BE3-849C-46BE-9806-037E4A71F020.jpeg

F26B0366-68E9-4ABB-B54C-2A780031E422.jpeg

555F675B-F36C-4771-8C4B-D6A80B1CD719.jpeg

9FE909E5-8C98-490D-8143-CC8AA33F8156.jpeg

1E76F690-2341-4D07-888B-FF6FFE3AC180.jpeg

8DB0DD58-7CA1-43D7-BD66-0A1E2FB231CE.jpeg

3FF9317A-6225-4D6F-90E6-9862549BB633.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, augercreek said:

I have several single shot rifles .22 to 45-70 GOV'T.  Here are a few pics. Three more are in the works now. A 32 H&R mag, 7.62x39, & 7.92x33 Kurs.

The top gun is a Reminfton SPR18 30-06

219 Savage 30-30

Next is one I made by stubbing a shot gun 7x30 Waters

The fourth one is a #3 Ruger 45-70

The last is a 7mm Mauser Remington rolling block

All have red dot sights of two different mfgs.

 

guns 001.JPG

guns 005.JPG

guns 002.JPG

guns 004.JPG

guns 003.JPG

I like your collection of shotgun shells. I have a couple old ones but not like yours! Came in a box of "stuff" at an auction years ago. I need to dig in the safe and see what i have. Maybe start a new thread and elaborate on your collection. I will see what i can find here to add

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That thing is sweet. I'd love to own a piece of family history like that. No, definitely not a plinker rifle, but I bet if you could do some digging, you could find some light charge loads for it to be able to shoot it safely. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

This is my afore mentioned .32long rimfire. It belonged to my great grandfather who raised beef cattle and pigs and owned a meat market/butcher shop. This was known as “the pig rifle” i don’t know if I would even dare shoot it if i had ammo. There was a company selling.32 center fire brass  with a bore off center and using a cut down .22 shell for primer. It was sold as a reloading kit and it sticks in my mind it worked out to about 160 bucks for 12 rounds.. not exactly a plinker. 

78B46BE3-849C-46BE-9806-037E4A71F020.jpeg

F26B0366-68E9-4ABB-B54C-2A780031E422.jpeg

555F675B-F36C-4771-8C4B-D6A80B1CD719.jpeg

9FE909E5-8C98-490D-8143-CC8AA33F8156.jpeg

1E76F690-2341-4D07-888B-FF6FFE3AC180.jpeg

8DB0DD58-7CA1-43D7-BD66-0A1E2FB231CE.jpeg

3FF9317A-6225-4D6F-90E6-9862549BB633.jpeg

..the dreaded 32 Rim Fire   eh !!.......regarded with fear and trepidation down under......:blink:.....be careful out there  , Seth...

Mike

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Show us, I've got a stampede in 357, I'll put up a pic tommorow.

A. Uberti & C. Gardone  Vt. Italy

Cattleman .357 mag

Don't know how old it is, bought it used when I was wee pup..........makes it least 50 years old?(probably nothing special though)

But, I like it?

600497389_3573.thumb.jpg.0bf1bcab641eb1cc565992c5289d7625.jpg

474253884_3572.thumb.jpg.365a33fd8b60440cbce0be50db4f9cef.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a few single shot .22, mainly bolt, but have an Ithaca M49 saddle gun

I sold a Savage 219 in 30-30

Was nice with hammerless break action. 

Have an H&R Ultrarifle break action in .308, newer rifle, price was decent and shoots good enough for me. 

DCP_1665.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ruger No1 falling blocks are so beautiful. Wish I had ability to post pictures here. I bought a 1976 ruger no1-B in rare 6mm remington. Sighted in with 3 shots. Wood is something you don't see today. so pretty i never shot it again. Falling blocks are just so cool and nostalgic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sandhiller said:

A. Uberti & C. Gardone  Vt. Italy

Cattleman .357 mag

Don't know how old it is, bought it used when I was wee pup..........makes it least 50 years old?(probably nothing special though)

But, I like it?

600497389_3573.thumb.jpg.0bf1bcab641eb1cc565992c5289d7625.jpg

474253884_3572.thumb.jpg.365a33fd8b60440cbce0be50db4f9cef.jpg

Here’s mine, nowhere near as old as yours, but at the time ( 15 years ago) the price of a colt was way more than the 700,00 I paid for this, had the holster and the grips made for it privately. The only regret is I didn’t get it chambered in 45 lc, 44/40 would have been perfect to match my marlin, but saylavee! Or maybe bobbyvee!

D365EFA3-85C8-4CF2-8FA5-0ECEA9E46001.jpeg

929DFBFB-BAEC-4935-81AB-5554C6928AFC.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love me some revolvers too. Something fun about sliding them long straight wall cartridges out of the cylinder and the pronounced click, click, click of the cylinder... Dang you got me wishing a cowboy action revolver is going to be better...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Love me some revolvers too. Something fun about sliding them long straight wall cartridges out of the cylinder and the pronounced click, click, click of the cylinder... Dang you got me wishing a cowboy action revolver is going to be better...

The SAA guns are fun, the only problem I had with the beretta was the slide rod, the factory one was cast, brittle as **** and broke, my gunny machined me a new one on his lathe, right down to the finger dimple on the knob, the guy is a bloody master.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...