Anyone have one? Kind of always had a fetish for the high walls, but never got around to ever buying one, yet.... Local gun shop has a uberti for sale in a 45-70. Thinking if needs to get a ride to my place... 

• Like 2

45/70 is timeless. I’ve never shot one of those specifically but have shot several other variants like Sharps, Springfield trap doors, and lever guns. A buddy’s Dad had one when we were growing up. I think it was an original but I don’t see how you could go wrong as along as you already have ammo. Probably won’t be a lot on the shelf for a while by the looks of things. 

No ammo for it, but local shop has some in the back he saves for people who purchase rifles from him. I also reload, so not huge problem to figure that out. 

Have a .32 rimfire, never shot it, only have a couple shells and they are as old as the gun.. nearly irreplaceable. I have a friend who has a ruger No1 fetish. Pretty spendy. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Anyone have one? Kind of always had a fetish for the high walls, but never got around to ever buying one, yet.... Local gun shop has a uberti for sale in a 45-70. Thinking if needs to get a ride to my place... 

farmer i worked for had a .22 single shot rifle in back window of pickup, used it on quite a few critters mostly for dispatching raccoons and possums and an occassional snake or snapper

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

No ammo for it, but local shop has some in the back he saves for people who purchase rifles from him. I also reload, so not huge problem to figure that out. 

They are not anything special to reload as long as you have the components. I doubt there is much available right now sadly. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Have a .32 rimfire, never shot it, only have a couple shells and they are as old as the gun.. nearly irreplaceable. I have a friend who has a ruger No1 fetish. Pretty spendy. 

Look up midway usa on youtube. They converted one to 357 mag if I remember correctly. Pretty neat and would make a good conversation piece. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

farmer i worked for had a .22 single shot rifle in back window of pickup, used it on quite a few critters mostly for dispatching raccoons and possums and an occassional snake or snapper

Have a 410 and 22 already that is a rossi youth. Had it since I was 11 and I cant even count how many pigeons have succomed to that bad boy. Really fun to shoot and super handy for the raccoon hunts. 

3 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Look up midway usa on youtube. They converted one to 357 mag if I remember correctly. Pretty neat and would make a good conversation piece. 

That would be cool. I wonder if you could get to a .327 Federal more easily by starting with a .32?  

....3rd one down on the right hand side is a Ballard......beautiful    firearm.....and guess what  !!!    still legal in NZ  ....:ph34r:   (at the present time....)

Mike

gun rooom picture 1.png

• Like 3

Got a 410 cooey and a 22 mossberg, the cooey I got for a buck at a gun show years ago so no memories, but the 22 I got from a friend/co-worker years ago, the bolt was missing the guts (fire pin and mainspring plunger) had the fire pin cut by a mossberg collector in the midwest, and the plunger cut by a machinist I knew from a drawing sent to me, good times.

• Like 1

My wife inherited a break open rifle in 22 hornet. I've never shot it.

I have shot my friends Roger no 1 in 45/70. Very nice gun!

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

Had a Ruger #1 light sporter in 7x57 Mauser in my hands once.....couldn't bring myself to drop the coin on it.......kinda regret that one, but not too much. Similar to pic...

Did the same thing with an IH M1 for $800 20 years ago.....REALLY REGRET that one! (But didn't have $$$then)

Ruger-Model-No-1-A-Light-Sporter-Cal-7x57-Mauser_101417354_70986_B9BC074341BE671A.jpeg

• Sad 1

Ruger #1V in .220 Swift, falling block single shot sexy?

You mentioned Uberti, I also have a Uberti and C. Gardonne Cattleman in .357 mag. Good quality pistol.

• Like 1
Just now, 74A-472 said:

what is with all this shooting. they tell me that ammo is hard to come by  

Didn't wait till today to start buyin' ammo. ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Ruger #1V in .220 Swift, falling block single shot sexy?

You mentioned Uberti, I also have a Uberti and C. Gardonne Cattleman in .357 mag. Good quality pistol.

Show us, I've got a stampede in 357, I'll put up a pic tommorow.

42 minutes ago, superman said:

This cat can reload anything.?

100_1684.JPG

Sleeping on the job....?

I have several single shot rifles .22 to 45-70 GOV'T.  Here are a few pics. Three more are in the works now. A 32 H&R mag, 7.62x39, & 7.92x33 Kurs.

The top gun is a Reminfton SPR18 30-06

219 Savage 30-30

Next is one I made by stubbing a shot gun 7x30 Waters

The fourth one is a #3 Ruger 45-70

The last is a 7mm Mauser Remington rolling block

All have red dot sights of two different mfgs.

guns 001.JPG

guns 005.JPG

guns 002.JPG

guns 004.JPG

guns 003.JPG

• Like 5

My dad has a Ubereti Sharps 45-70. He can no longer handle it, but for years he had disk blade targets hanging from a stand set up in my east fence line and his shooting stand was set up on the east end of his grove. About 1800 feet. From our place you would hear the kaboom. Then a pause. And then a BING. The 45-70 makes a big arc to its target.  

He would make visits to our local scrap yard and come home with all kinds of lead. He cast his own bullets and did his own reloading. If you watch Quigley down under, that's what it looks like.  He also has an early s/n 1873 Springfield trap door. He traded a Remington 870 shotgun for it in the early to mid 70's. He never dared shoot it. Looking at the 400 or so g's of that 45-70 casting, I can't see many wounded Indians being nursed back to health.

Speaking of ammo. On a Wieman's online auction ending this morning there is a 500 rd box of Thunderbolt .22's sitting at 120.00. Thanks you 46th president.

• Like 1