Couple questions on 856

Dirtscooter5

I saw that in the instructions. There is only one threaded location for a heater in the 407 block that I see so a second one would need to be a freeze plug style. With what 1480x3 said though that sounds pretty good to me with only 1 heater and started fine at 15 degrees 

5 hours ago, E160BHM said:

It says right under the chart.....  “Note:   Two heaters recommended”.

image.jpeg.710f324358d926e28a87adc209bd2d52.jpeg

The recommendation of two of these styles of heaters pertains more to the early D361 blocks in 806's, as all 5 core plugs in early 361 blocks were screw-in NPT plugs.

4 hours ago, Dirtscooter5 said:

Lol no I did not mark the injection pump timing... must’ve took a sharp chisel and a 2 lb hammer ?

If only there was a mark on the pump and plate that you could line up...

Lol

I found it interesting that the part # begins with 407 but it is listed in the 361 parts book. When i ordered it i was not sure it would screw into a 407, but i have an 806 with no heater that i could use it in so i took the gamble.

2 hours ago, 1480x3 said:

I found it interesting that the part # begins with 407 but it is listed in the 361 parts book. When i ordered it i was not sure it would screw into a 407, but i have an 806 with no heater that i could use it in so i took the gamble.

It is just a coincidence that the part number starts with 407.  In some of the old merchandisers all of the engine heater numbers start with 407.