Copying part of previous post?

Most people do this, and it is obviously rather simple, but I have not been able to figure it out.

If I want to copy all or part of a previous post, and add it to my new reply to an existing post, so that I can refer to it, how is this accomplished.

Sorry to bother on this, I did try to search it, but no luck.

Thank you for your time and help.

3 hours ago, Duntongw said:

Most people do this, and it is obviously rather simple, but I have not been able to figure it out.

If I want to copy all or part of a previous post, and add it to my new reply to an existing post, so that I can refer to it, how is this accomplished.

Sorry to bother on this, I did try to search it, but no luck.

Thank you for your time and help.

Click on quote. Left click on the part of the text you want deleted, it will turn blue. Hit delete key. I'm using a PC and not  phone. Not sure how that would work. 

1 hour ago, Duntongw said:

Not sure we are on the same page.

On your reply, the part that you copied from my post that is in the blue colored box, how did you do that?

Got it, thank you.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:35 PM, Duntongw said:

Got it,

On a laptop or desktop , Left click (hold)  and highlight the portion of text you would like to quote , It will turn blue as you are

highlighting it .   After it is highlighted a small box will appear saying (quote selection )   click on box ,the selected part will appear

in a new post at bottom of page

This saves you from quoting an entire post with all the associated pictures and comments etc.