I was browsing through tractor house and saw the following listing. I thought maybe the price in the heading was a mistake, but then I saw that it was typed out at the end of the description too. Maybe there is someone out there willing to pay that for such a tractor, but it seems extremely steep to me. I have seen much nicer looking 560's listed for a whole lot less. If they really bring this much, I may start selling off my collection. 

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/21315847/1962-international-560

• Like 1

Yes wants way too much. Former John Deere dealer that they took his agreement away when they started their mega store system. Short line and used equipment now always was hard to deal with.

Wow picture makes it look like a bit of surface rust

• Like 2

Someone has dollar signs in their eyes , I guess start high selling stuff you can always come down , its definitely not showroom condition either

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
18 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

It's Tractorhouse, where overpriced is the name of the game. What were you expecting?

And everyone local thinks their tractors are worth big money because thats what they list for on tractorhouse

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gafarm49 said:

And everyone local thinks their tractors are worth big money because thats what they list for on tractorhouse

Yup and dealers think their junk is worth more on their lot even as is .

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jacka said:

Yup and dealers think their junk is worth more on their lot even as is .

They didn't need Tractorhouse to figure that out.

The one I love is the local dealer who would have something like that listed for $7500. You'd go in and offer then $4500, more than what it's worth, and they'd counter with $7450. Then they put the tractor on their spring or fall auction and sell it for $2500.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know We usually see a not newer than 1960 limit at antique tractor pulls. Tractor Dan wins with his '59 560 often as not. Usually he competes with machines much heavier than his.

560 is a **** of a fine tractor, still the buyer will spend several thousand more before it can pull. Then it'd be too new for antique pulls.

They have lost their mind.  Drop $10000 off the price and then maybe with the fresh overhall.

12 hours ago, Willie B said:

I don't know We usually see a not newer than 1960 limit at antique tractor pulls. Tractor Dan wins with his '59 560 often as not. Usually he competes with machines much heavier than his.

560 is a **** of a fine tractor, still the buyer will spend several thousand more before it can pull. Then it'd be too new for antique pulls.

too new? how you figure? our rules are up to 1960. so if the tractor was built in 58 or 59 and ended in 63 then its perfectly ok.

That implement dealer is just 20 miles from my house, if you look through tractor house they have several over priced tractors, also have went to their lot and nothing they have for sale is as nice as what they say it is and they really don’t act like they want to sell anything ?

• Like 1

Yeah, it really seems like he is representing two different tractors, one with the description and another with the picture.

I'm not sure what the post by Willie B meant, maybe he was trying to reply to another post or something. 

As far as rules go, our antique rules state that the model had to start production by 1959. 

1 hour ago, hobbyfarm said:

They have lost their mind.  Drop $10000 off the price and then maybe with the fresh overhall.

those are the same type of stealer that will poor house the O owner out of it for $500

• Like 2

Seen this bs in the Cub Cadet world for a few years now.  Guy sees a fully optioned IH 982 sell for $3,000 and suddenly he thinks his MTD built red 782 is worth $2500.  It's annoying, but those guys seldom sell.  When they do it's to some poor sucker who doesn't know any better.  I doubt that 560 brings even half that when it does finally sell. Looks like every other $2500 560 I've ever seen. 

• Like 1
On 1/31/2021 at 8:37 PM, bitty said:

Wow picture makes it look like a bit of surface rust

On my phone, if I squint, I see "gold demo"?????

• Haha 3

Did you notice triple hook attached to the tractor?  Look at the bill to see if it's legit O/H.  As in lots of new parts . Give him the O/H cost plus 1 grand as long the metal is good and everything else works. It's little high, But don't overlook the value of knowing it's had an O/H. You could buy cheaper one at $3-4k then find out it needs engine work or? and spend $3-4k in repairs.

Question for engine guys ,how does a dry sleeve get a hole in it? I thought that was a wet sleeve issue?

On 2/1/2021 at 7:46 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

The one I love is the local dealer who would have something like that listed for $7500. You'd go in and offer then $4500, more than what it's worth, and they'd counter with $7450. Then they put the tractor on their spring or fall auction and sell it for $2500.

Have to agree. Saw it first hand one time.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:46 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

It's not just dealers. Guy here had 2 hydro 100's with loaders. Wanted 10k each, private sale. We offered 5000 for the better one. Nope worth more than that he said. Sold them at auction that fall and the both brought 5000! I still kick myself for not buying the other one

Over a year ago I drove a couple of hours because a guy had a couple of tractors listed for $2500 for the pair or make an offer on one. I only wanted the 1 and realized that It was worth a little more to me than the other so I talked and offered him $1800 for the one I wanted. I had already driven two hours pulling my gooseneck and had $1800 cash on me. The guy just said "nope I need $2500 for both or one". I told him I had no use for both and thought that $1800 was a fair offer for the one. It was mainly a parts tractor and I could have used a few parts off of it. I ended up leaving there without either of them and it's over a year later and I see he's now saying he will take $1500 for them individually or $2250 for the pair. I have half a notion to text him that I will give $1800 for the pair or $1250 for the one I wanted in the first place. I really have no use for it now, I got the parts I needed elsewhere, but it would still be fun to make the offer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, international560 said:

Over a year ago I drove a couple of hours because a guy had a couple of tractors listed for $2500 for the pair or make an offer on one. I only wanted the 1 and realized that It was worth a little more to me than the other so I talked and offered him $1800 for the one I wanted. I had already driven two hours pulling my gooseneck and had $1800 cash on me. The guy just said "nope I need $2500 for both or one". I told him I had no use for both and thought that $1800 was a fair offer for the one. It was mainly a parts tractor and I could have used a few parts off of it. I ended up leaving there without either of them and it's over a year later and I see he's now saying he will take $1500 for them individually or $2250 for the pair. I have half a notion to text him that I will give $1800 for the pair or $1250 for the one I wanted in the first place. I really have no use for it now, I got the parts I needed elsewhere, but it would still be fun to make the offer. 

That's too bad , sounds like a greedy S O B  I'd text him and give him a low ball bid for both 

• Like 2

Have the same thing here in northern Illinois, Guy about 8 miles from me has a decent H w/ hand clutch, it would be kind of cool to get it but his price is out of line, he has had it for sale off and on for over a year! Won’t budge , maybe he really doesn’t want to sell it ?