Jump to content

gm going all EV


jeeper61
 Share

Recommended Posts

GM, the automotive arm of the Green Deal Administration.

Volvo is working on  electrically powered excavator.

Gillig has a city bus powered by alternative energy, almost always funded by tax payers.  Wonder what would happen if the people riding the bus actually had to pay for the ride?

This technology works great so long as it is funded by tax payers.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pure craziness imo. Like a buddy said. What are you going to power your back up generator with when the power goes out? Its fine to explore new technologies,  but to force them will create much expense and hardship imo. Many lost jobs if this is forced also. 

If and when the technology is practical you won't have to force folks it will happen over time by itself.  

Imo there will be a some need for fossil fuel for a long time to come in some capacity. Its just a matter of how expensive and painful they make it. 

Amazing how we were energy independent and not an issue just a short time ago. ?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes just let the market take care of it.

 When you get all the infrastructures built and with the tax breaks the move to EVs will happen it makes sense in the urban areas.

Don’t kill the oil supplies from the US that won’t kill the demand.

The imported oil will pick up the slack and you are just sending the money overseas instead of keeping the jobs here and generating tax revenue   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Said that 4 months ago  was already announced over the summer.

the big 7 are in bed with rabid cali

when china has all the factories, usa coal, oil and ng  they are only going to run in the daylight that we dont have

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just lip service to placate the new administration and it's supporting voters.

Kinda like telling your 6 year old kid you'll buy him a pony when he grows up and gets to be 12.

When the administration changes next time the course of things likely will as well.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Pure craziness imo. Like a buddy said. What are you going to power your back up generator with when the power goes out? Its fine to explore new technologies,  but to force them will create much expense and hardship imo. Many lost jobs if this is forced also. 

If and when the technology is practical you won't have to force folks it will happen over time by itself.  

Imo there will be a some need for fossil fuel for a long time to come in some capacity. Its just a matter of how expensive and painful they make it. 

Amazing how we were energy independent and not an issue just a short time ago. ?

Chiefio with what might be called “A Modest Suggestion”

“All I Ask Is That Washington D.C. Show Us The Way By Example”

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2021/01/29/all-i-ask-is-that-washington-d-c-show-us-the-way-by-example/#comments

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doc Egor said:

It's just lip service to placate the new administration and it's supporting voters.

Kinda like telling your 6 year old kid you'll buy him a pony when he grows up and gets to be 12.

When the administration changes next time the course of things likely will as well.

 

Exactly!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for that electric 747 that flies non-stop for 18 hours.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yawn.  Electric cars existed and were touted to be the future more than 100 years ago.  I have nothing against the concept, electric powered machines will increasingly have a place as battery technology progresses, but I won’t hold my breathe that my next Suburban will have a giant battery in it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait till the power shortages go nation wide during the winter time. I'm thoroughly convinced these fools think the sun shines and the wind blows 24 hours a day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 806 man said:

Wait till the power shortages go nation wide during the winter time. I'm thoroughly convinced these fools think the sun shines and the wind blows 24 hours a day.

it does when the butler turns on the switch/key

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

Chiefio with what might be called “A Modest Suggestion”

“All I Ask Is That Washington D.C. Show Us The Way By Example”

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2021/01/29/all-i-ask-is-that-washington-d-c-show-us-the-way-by-example/#comments

In comments there specifically on this

"

C’mon Man!

Didn’t you see that GM has figured this all out. They are going to be carbon neutral by 2040.

GM figured out how to manufacture steel, plastic, rubber, glass and a whole bunch of other stuff without any fossil fuels or CO2 footprint (why do they call it carbon footprint anyhow when it ain’t) to make new vehicles. They seem to have also figured out how to mine and process lithium, copper, and other metals needed without the same. They can make wind turbines and solar panels to power everything without fossil fuels with no carbon footprints at all. They apparently figured out how to modify the grid to handle the demand for non-fossil electricity distribution to charge these too, or is it everybody going dark? ,

Amazing stuff, unless it is like the EU not counting burning wood pellets for electricity production in their emissions numbers, no?

C’mon Man!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

In comments there specifically on this

"

C’mon Man!

Didn’t you see that GM has figured this all out. They are going to be carbon neutral by 2040.

GM figured out how to manufacture steel, plastic, rubber, glass and a whole bunch of other stuff without any fossil fuels or CO2 footprint (why do they call it carbon footprint anyhow when it ain’t) to make new vehicles. They seem to have also figured out how to mine and process lithium, copper, and other metals needed without the same. They can make wind turbines and solar panels to power everything without fossil fuels with no carbon footprints at all. They apparently figured out how to modify the grid to handle the demand for non-fossil electricity distribution to charge these too, or is it everybody going dark? ,

Amazing stuff, unless it is like the EU not counting burning wood pellets for electricity production in their emissions numbers, no?

C’mon Man!"

im burning wood pellets daily, there is definitely some kind of tar, soot, nastiness in them pellets. I have to clean it all out every couple weeks - must be some space age non toxic environmental non pollutant injected stuff that gets deposited by the UFOs that arent flying around.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

In comments there specifically on this

"

C’mon Man!

Didn’t you see that GM has figured this all out. They are going to be carbon neutral by 2040.

GM figured out how to manufacture steel, plastic, rubber, glass and a whole bunch of other stuff without any fossil fuels or CO2 footprint (why do they call it carbon footprint anyhow when it ain’t) to make new vehicles. They seem to have also figured out how to mine and process lithium, copper, and other metals needed without the same. They can make wind turbines and solar panels to power everything without fossil fuels with no carbon footprints at all. They apparently figured out how to modify the grid to handle the demand for non-fossil electricity distribution to charge these too, or is it everybody going dark? ,

Amazing stuff, unless it is like the EU not counting burning wood pellets for electricity production in their emissions numbers, no?

C’mon Man!"

You got to remember the demand for vehicles will drop dramatically as us old farts continue to die off......

Probably 3 out of 5 youngins I see applying for jobs now do not own any transportation (or anything else for that matter) or have driver's licenses. And they have no desire to either, they are perfectly happy using public transportation.

They don't care that the job schedule varies and they would need to be at work during times the busses aren't running.....they just shrug their shoulders and stumble out the door and back to their parent's basement again.

Lately most are just applying so they can satisfy the requirements to continue to get unemployment and have no intention of ever taking the job anyway.

 

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

C’mon Man!

Didn’t you see that GM has figured this all out. They are going to be carbon neutral by 2040.

ALL imported items made foreign to/with 1600 s standards.

only USA has to be industry free and follow the rules

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Doc Egor said:

They don't care that the job schedule varies and they would need to be at work during times the busses aren't running.....they just shrug their shoulders and stumble out the door and back to their parent's basement again.

Sooner or later Daddy and Mommy will die, I would hope by 35-40 they can function on their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

im burning wood pellets daily, there is definitely some kind of tar, soot, nastiness in them pellets. I have to clean it all out every couple weeks - must be some space age non toxic environmental non pollutant injected stuff that gets deposited by the UFOs that arent flying around.  

I have never investigated wood pellets. What are they? I always thought they were residue from the particle board fab line or glued and formed  sawdust. I would think it would cost as much as other fuel products.

What happened to the CORN stove industry?

Are these alternative energy sources cheaper than natural gas where it is available?

I discovered years ago that that purchased firewood is only good for show, NG is actually cheaper for 24/7 heating in Texas. We have a fireplace but I only use it to burn financial records and other stuff that is confidential.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets just skip this electric vehicle hype and switch to hydrogen powered vehicles instead.

You guys think its bad in the USA... in my country, the Netherlands, the government is giving the people who want to buy the more expensive electric cars the absurd number of 25000 euros per car!!! All paid by those who drive diesel, because diesel is bad...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a big pellet plant about 45 miles from me. They make them out of the sawdust and other waste from the neighboring saw mill. I have lots of friends that run pellet stoves, it works out cheaper than propane around here. Also a lot of the old houses in this area have no ductwork for forced air heat. I still run a regular wood stove, cheaper yet but much more work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...