Not red, but my red stuff couldn’t work without it.

7 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

mine was on a deere - still got it

Nice. What model? Where I grew up JD wasn’t a real common tractor, not uncommon, just not favoured by the majority of farmers due the the nature of the farms. Mostly orchard and vineyard farming so smaller tractors were more common. 

1949B, I also have my Great Uncles ( my gpas brother )  1944 Slant Dash A, will be rebuilding motor on it one of these days. We had plenty of relatives and neighbors that had the fords. I worked for several guys that had them. I cursed them daily.  Growing up on that Deere and 400 Farmall to me they were not up to the task. 

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

1949B, I also have my Great Uncles ( my gpas brother )  1944 Slant Dash A, will be rebuilding motor on it one of these days. We had plenty of relatives and neighbors that had the fords. I worked for several guys that had them. I cursed them daily.  Growing up on that Deere and 400 Farmall to me they were not up to the task. 

No doubt, they’re a small machine comparatively. My uncle had an early 40’s (I think) A, row crop. That thing would pull. I’ve got several Ford N’s I’ve collected from the family farm and relatives, I’m using a ‘52 8N as my winter tractor rn and I can’t find my tire chains. It’s near useless without them really. I use it mostly for the three point, moving trailers and such. I move all the big snow with a JD compact 2520 with a blower. It’s near useless also without chains even with 4wd on the snow and ice. 

You guys took my thread right off the tracks here. I show a nice ford with ironguard CNH paint and black CNH filters....(practically IH) and now we are talking N’s and A’s and a 2520....

all good.

We have a neighbor that has 1066’s for his “big tractors” (Like us) but for raking and tedding he has two 656’s and one other smaller frame model that I’m not familiar with.  Pulls modern smaller haying equipment with them same as I do with our fords.   I think I’ve hard him say they are thirsty though, for their size.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stronger800 said:

You guys took my thread right off the tracks here. I show a nice ford with ironguard CNH paint and black CNH filters....(practically IH) and now we are talking N’s and A’s and a 2520....

all good.

We have a neighbor that has 1066’s for his “big tractors” (Like us) but for raking and tedding he has two 656’s and one other smaller frame model that I’m not familiar with.  Pulls modern smaller haying equipment with them same as I do with our fords.   I think I’ve hard him say they are thirsty though, for their size.

Sorry fren, just chatting, get over it. Nice machine 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...