Wish me luck...

vtfireman85

My Nephew and family all had COVID-19 in December 20. They live in Colorado,  near Denver. He is in his early 40's and so is his wife, daughter is in middle school, appears she brought it home from school. They all have recovered fine.

Like has been said before,  Healthy young people have very little risk from this current flu strain.

Us old codgers are the ones at risk, same as all the other diseases hanging in the distance!

First responders need to mitigate the transmission risk to others in their care even if they personally are not at serious risk.

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

With all due respect, please consider the source.  The AP has about the same credibility as the weekend update on SNL. Different sources give different “facts”. Remember the old saying  “Reality is 99% perception”?  You can perceive a fact however you like. @mike newman ‘s facts led him to a conclusion.  @TroyDairy has his own facts too from tangible things he has seen.  Doesn’t make it any more BS than some of the “facts” that you believe.  Your perception makes it “BS” to you which is totally ok.  It is totally ok because we currently have a constitution that gives you the right to believe whatever you want.

Calling people out like that based off of perceived differences based solely upon a biased news source is a little bit below your pay grade.  I would have expected more from someone who I have seen give very educated responses on many many topics here in the past. 

The AP was the first source I grabbed as they have taken their data from preliminary CDC data. It can be obtained directly if not as conveniently from their (the CDC) site. CDC data won't be solidified for months as they attempt to qualify it - that's no different from years past, not something unique to 19/20. Even if off by a generous percentage, and there's no good reason to believe it is, it still represents a significant increase. Looking at years past they hit it pretty close on the prelim. Troy Dairy stated flatly that fewer people died in 2020 than in 2019 but that's just not an assertion backed up by any data. In fact the CDC data states the opposite. This was from one who stated he knows things rather than just believes them. I respect that but you have to start with credible sources.

There seems to be an effort amongst some to minimize the toll of the pandemic but in the US alone the number of people no longer walking the earth is approaching a half million. Saying that a large percentage of the folks who contract COVID-19 survive means little to those who've lost loved ones. Saying "Well, most were old anyway" doesn't cut it either as "old" is quite different to a 20 year old and a 60 year old.

We're all frustrated by this pandemic. It would seem that since we have 50 states we have 50 different reactions and rules. The federal guidance has continuously changed, some of that is quite understandable due to the ever changing information available to the feds.  

Finally, I'll argue facts all day but it's unlikely I'll resort to name calling if I can't support my position. I'll also flat-out reject any "facts" obtained from Facebook or a conspiracy theory website. I certainly won't rant like that below and prefer to keep my responses reasoned and factual. I appreciate the frustration in the rant and better taken out on me than someone else closer. I don't think I'll be taking any bleach baths or hiding under the desk.?

Listen I get it.  Your a New En liberal/dem.  You think the govt will protect you [hide under a desk for Nuke attack too?] and its fine to have everyone elses' right infringed on and stripped of your own personal responsibility to make you "feel" safe.  If you are worried, stay home, wear 2 mask, bathe in bleach.  THAT IS 100% fine.  But let me risk my own life.  The data is hospitals are not over run.  Sure some places [LA now i recall] Covid wards are full.  Here we have 23 bed for CV.  Friend said she has never had more than 18 in there and that was for 3 days.  The hospital has 300 beds, but if they had 23 in CV wing the media would say its "overrun".  Full yellow journalism.  If you like govt running your life go to China. 

Also how dare you imply I dont care about my dad. 

4 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Good. World overpopulated. 

Then who should die? How would you pick? Abortion is killing more each day. Is that a good thing?

6 hours ago, New Englander said:

I don't think it over blown and I'm quite tired of hearing the BS that it's more likely you'll be killed driving to get the vaccine than getting the disease, which just isn't true and and a case of twisting statistics to make them appear to support a position that they don't.

....New Englander......if the first part of the  above comment is in reference to me......you are correct.....It all depends on how one  views the context of that comment....but none the less my comment is absolutely correct ....  We try an achieve   about , on average , one road related fatality per day....thus with  that aggragated number in mind, and with the soaring amount  of "Covid  related deaths"...almost 30, I believe...do the maths....Of course, for the statistically minded, the holiday periods      Xmas/New Year/Easter etc  bump up the road  deaths...hence the ratio   of Road deaths   to Covid  is around 1   to 14....

Now, I have two Brothers that have reluctantly accepted   mandatory  (age related ) retirement from their  chosen career's..one a 777Captain....t'other a Rotary Wing Captain..(pictured incidentally, in the awesome picture thread , couple of days gone  , pics of Afghaniston )..now these two blokes ,totally bored with life after flying, and   who are not totally devoid of intelligence, dig out screeds of stuff relating  to this current "Covid Crisis"....and when one sifts through this stuff...there are many ostensibly well informed folk from many countries, including the US,  folk with impeccable credentials...more so than a shinyarsed     excavator operator...who give a whole new perspective on this 'pandemic''... a perspective which obviously is at odds with the respective "Govt."   narrative's

I would repectfully suggest to you that this Covid Pandemic, has, in your words, "written the book" on:   Quote  ""   twisting   statistics to make them appear to support a postion that they don't"

Mike

Alcohol  is the dominant factor in our shocking road death stats

3 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Alcohol  is the dominant factor in our shocking road death stats

Thanks Mike,

We know that much to be true!

I am sorry to disappoint you guys, i am still here and side effect free so far. 

Judging by the way the CDC seems to bounce around with ideas like a yo-yo, I’m not sure I would invest too much in their numbers either.  They (CDC) are a federal agency and with some recent events being what they are, would you put much faith into what the feds tell you as the truth? @New Englander, I respect that we are all entitled to an opinion but to push these opinions as a “fact” is something I’m not sure any of us (myself included) are qualified to do. 

1 minute ago, Sledgehammer said:

Judging by the way the CDC seems to bounce around with ideas like a yo-yo, I’m not sure I would invest too much in their numbers either.  They (CDC) are a federal agency and with some recent events being what they are, would you put much faith into what the feds tell you as the truth? @New Englander, I respect that we are all entitled to an opinion but to push these opinions as a “fact” is something I’m not sure any of us (myself included) are qualified to do. 

Who then, are you going to trust? Does the CDC, charged with obtaining data have some reason to under or over report it? Since their data closely tracks their counterparts in other countries are they all in some big conspiracy? If so, then to what end?

To believe the data is greatly flawed for some unnamed nefarious reason requires one to believe in a vast conspiracy. There are those who believe Bill Gates is behind it all in order to inject microchips via vaccine to control us all! I think we all should see that for the ridiculousness it is.

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

Who then, are you going to trust? Does the CDC, charged with obtaining data have some reason to under or over report it? Since their data closely tracks their counterparts in other countries are they all in some big conspiracy? If so, then to what end?

To believe the data is greatly flawed for some unnamed nefarious reason requires one to believe in a vast conspiracy. There are those who believe Bill Gates is behind it all in order to inject microchips via vaccine to control us all! I think we all should see that for the ridiculousness it is.

Personally, I do not trust any news source. I also do not find myself being into any sort of conspiracy theory’s. The CDC has every reason to over report things. FEAR.  As long as people are not willing to think for themselves and take whatever word they decide to listen to for truth, the pandemic of fear will continue. “To what end” you ask?  That is a good question and one people should think about carefully. Americans should indeed take those three words to heart.  I know what I think about that but we can’t get into it here on the forum because it could be misconstrued for P O L I T I C S.  What I feel has nothing to do with left or right sides of an aisle in DC. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I am sorry to disappoint you guys, i am still here and side effect free so far. 

So do they tell you which vaccine you are getting ? There are reported instances of not getting the same one on the second round. I have no reason to be in line just yet and I guess Missouri is somewhere close to the bottom when it comes to vaccinations given just curious

6 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

So do they tell you which vaccine you are getting ? There are reported instances of not getting the same one on the second round. I have no reason to be in line just yet and I guess Missouri is somewhere close to the bottom when it comes to vaccinations given just curious

I got Moderna, i didn’t get a choice and would not have had a preference, i got a card with all pertinent information that i have to bring with me on the 27th for my round 2 

Early in the start of pandemic to ease panic cause of death was being pinned to other if more than one factor, now it’s gone the other way, gonna be tough to say really how many deaths were directly linked in the end, if the facts listed above it is about 12% higher at 400,000 than normal, kind of hard to justify destroying world economies for 12% difference unless that was what provided a convenient means that they were looking for all along

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Second shot today. Got it at 11:00 am, so far no side effects. My back hurts but i have been sitting on the floor cross legged putting in outlets all day till just now,  probably explains that ?

28 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Second shot today. Got it at 11:00 am, so far no side effects. My back hurts but i have been sitting on the floor cross legged putting in outlets all day till just now,  probably explains that ?

My wife just got her second round and complained of arm discomfort-just different than getting a shot discomfort. 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, cedar farm said:

let us know how it goes. My daughter is in nursing school and they have been offered the shots. She had covid so she see's no reason to get them. And of coarse rumors of the shot making you sterile doesn't appeal to a 22 year old. 

If she somewhat recently had covid she is not eligible for the shot anyways.

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

No side effects?????

Then how come you were talking funny when you called me earlier??

Nevermind.  Your Uncle Mark says that what may be “typical” for you is not generally accepted as being “normal” in his estimation......

Godspeed sir

12 hours ago, dannyredfan said:

It's the chip settling in.     Whers my tin hat. 

I think you left it at my house after the last meeting of "The Society":ph34r:

• Haha 1