Ran across this on Polk's auction website.  Looks to be in decent shape.  Looks like the one my parents had 60+ years ago.  Have no affiliation to sale or item. 

11454.jpg

Probably still a working unit ...

Good thing it is on a pallet, it would take a two thousand pound forklift to move it.

• Haha 4
18 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

Good thing it is on a pallet, it would take a two thousand pound forklift to move it.

Now you know what you need to get it out of your basement Todd!! lol 

they make for great dry storage, i have a couple ole defunct freezers i use for storage keeps the rodents outa stuff - had several at farmers i worked for that we stored feed in 

• Like 2

Looks nice, neat old freezer and I know it’s collectible I guess but as far as trusting it with a thousand bucks worth of food ,  You got to be kidding me!!!  I spent a big share of my adult life in the commercial refrigeration business and still own an HVAC company and tought the trade at a local college for 20 years .  

I wouldn’t trust one of those antiques as far as I could throw it . 

Sure I could drive a model A to California and back but I won’t be doing that anytime soon either. 

Every time I see one I think of all the children killed in them. 

It will be a great day when every last one of those is crushed and removed from the face of the earth . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

they make for great dry storage, i have a couple ole defunct freezers i use for storage keeps the rodents outa stuff - had several at farmers i worked for that we stored feed in 

Be sure to disable the latch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Be sure to disable the latch. 

10X

Know a guy that has a freezer that he stores (green/yellow) paint in an unheated building. Just hang a 60 watt bulb inside and close the lid. Bulb puts off enough heat and the freezer is insulated well enough to keep the paint from freezing.

• Like 1

There was a freezer like this in my parent’s basement when we sold the farm.  They had purchased it used in the late 1950s.  It was brought it in the back door, stood on end, then turned and taken down the stairs.  It quit working about 1980, and was used as document storage until 2001. The back entry door had by then been remodeled so the freezer could no longer be removed up the stairs.  Saw it last Saturday cut into 4 pieces waiting to go up the stairs.  Was surprised to see that the insulation was fiberglass about 4 inches thick.