Front wiper blade assembly for 86 Series

Red Tech

I needed a wiper blade assembly for a 1086 and I was disappointed to learn that IH wants $50 for a new one.

I did a lot of research and discovered that the Napa 6-2065 will work great, at a fraction of the cost!  

The only thing that I had to do was slightly widen the saddle which connect the wiper blade assembly to the wiper arm.   The IH wiper assembly is 3/16" wide in the area where the saddle mounts to the wiper blade, as compared to 1/4" on the Napa wiper assembly.

This was easy to modify.  I just pressed of piece 1/4" keystock into the saddle to widen it out to 1/4". 

To prevent the bolt that attaches the saddle to the wiper arm from spinning inside the now, wider saddle, I got a new 8-32x1/2" Philips screw and ground the head off on two sides until it fit into the wider saddle.

Maybe I am late to the party and everyone else already knows this, but I decided to post this to help out anyone that doesn't.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...