Keystone XL Anyone effected?

MTO

I’ll be the first to say that likely in 50 years from now we’ll be looking at a completely different world energy and technology wise. Just look at where we’ve come in the last 50 years. However this certainly isn’t a flick of the switch outcome. We need oil and gas to develop and produce all this technology that is to come for years to come.  To shut down clean oil in Canada and source it out to some Saudi prince who could care less if his peasants lived from day to day just doesn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 5

About Kerry's admission of futility

"Hey ABC News, why did you edit out Climate Magnate John Kerry admitting the futility of cutting US emissions?"

'It appears that the Biden/Harris/Kerry virtue-signalling complex is shutting down US fossil fuel industries & sacking tens of thousands of workers for 2/3rds of 5/8ths of SFA result. "

https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2021/01/hey-abc-news-why-did-you-edit-out-climate-magnate-john-kerry-admitting-the-futility-of-cutting-us-em.html

(That is ABC News in Oz - I hope the video works)

10 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

what about all the contractors out of work that were building the wall? 

Collateral damage.?

17 hours ago, mmi said:

one of our  group,business has ALL foreigners for emploies ,if they talk USA ,in a conversation.

they are raised from birth,(UN  type teachers) that is all USA does (Make war, push people around) and how we get cheap oil.

it was a statement of fact ...so didnt ask why did you come here, they are very good workers and well paid.

talk about hoarding the 30 somethings take most of the broken stuff, I toss, home to grama  to save.

like all milenials ,25 < are 90 % + stuck in the phone

There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and it's known that the US and EU supports the Qatar and Turkey gaspipeline, who should run trough Syria. The only time when the fake news media and the coward politicians in the EU were cheering for Trump was when het drops bombs on Syria. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not looking like the best first decision now

Noticed the power plants on the news have no smoke rolling from the stacks?

I was talking with some of the sales group for my company we manufacture robotic inspection equipment.

A Siemens Energy plant in his area makes pipeline equipment they laid off 530 people last week.

A few other manufactures are putting their plans of moving product back from China on hold because they think the tariffs will be gone soon.

Of course we loose on both

No new equipment sales and no maintenance work at the shutdown plant   

• Sad 1

On 1/27/2021 at 5:49 PM, Reichow7120 said:

Sounds like the solar farm that is or was slated for North of my town. I can tell some interesting stories if anyone is interested in hearing them.

There were some deep connections and men that should have been hung in my hometown over the windmills, scum.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, cedar farm said:

Canada will say heck with the US. Run a pipeline paid for by the Chinese to the west coast and let them have all the oil they want.

Our local Swinhomish tribe was raising **** a few years ago about the west bound pipe line going to their sacred Salish sea. I thought it was a dead project.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, mikem said:

Don't forget the real-estate tax money that would have been paid to EACH county the pipeline went through......

I have heard numbers quoted with a BUNCH of zeros that won't be paid.

Mike

I did some checking----The Keystone pipeline, (phase 1) is paying $480,000 in taxes to Clark County yearly.

I would expect XL would pay a similar amount. BUT NOT NOW.....?

Mike

• 3 months later...

Saw this yesterday and thought I'd share it 

FB_IMG_1623714796212.jpg

• Like 3

Truth.  But.  The dirt that gets moved around for a pipeline isn’t the same for a long time.  I wondered how that was going to work out after DAPL came through here.  They gave tenants 100% comp for the year of construction, then I think it was a year of 50% and a year of 30%.  That was a rip off as near as I can tell.  Last year yet it was still pretty apparent where the dirt got disturbed.  The crops aren’t fully back to normal over it.  And they move a pretty wide swath of dirt.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Truth.  But.  The dirt that gets moved around for a pipeline isn’t the same for a long time.  I wondered how that was going to work out after DAPL came through here.  They gave tenants 100% comp for the year of construction, then I think it was a year of 50% and a year of 30%.  That was a rip off as near as I can tell.  Last year yet it was still pretty apparent where the dirt got disturbed.  The crops aren’t fully back to normal over it.  And they move a pretty wide swath of dirt.

Better than Solar panels where you have nothing to work. I'll show you what that looks like if the scam solar farm in my area gets going. 

I know about working on top of pipelines too. 2 fields we work sits on top of the double main line for Panhandle Eastern. Natural gas line. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

We will ALL be affected in various ways unfortunately most are not positive 

Bingo

• Like 1