Is anyone on here a fan of the show or watching it on Discovery plus?   There is an episode, "Shuckin' Dragster" where Jesse and the crew transform an IH 1644 combine into a diesel powered dragster.  Jesse chose that machine because it has the 5.9 Cummins engine in it.  That engine is easy to perform power modifications to.  They utilized the frame, rear axle, tires,  cab and engine.  The end result was neat looking.  The episode is full of hokey farm references, but I did enjoy it.  

However,  I am here to give you guys the rest of the story!  The background of the combine that will never be told in Hollywood.   That particular IH 1644 was sold to the production company by none other than my employer here in Colfax!  The episode was supposed to air much sooner, but the covid pushed filming back and the machine sat here awhile before it traveled to Texas.  Here is a photo I took last March.  And as Paul Harvey would say: "Now you know the rest of the story!"

20200318_142828.jpg

• Like 9

I watched it many years ago. Jesse James has way more talent and creativity than most of the other shows that were on at the time, especially those Orange County Clowns.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

I watched it many years ago. Jesse James has way more talent and creativity than most of the other shows that were on at the time, especially those Orange County Clowns.

He does. Unfortunately he's such a douche bag it makes it hard to watch. 

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

He does. Unfortunately he's such a douche bag it makes it hard to watch. 

I think the truly artistic, their brains don't work the way the rest of us do. 

Left in their element, they are genius.

Throw a bunch of money at them and put them in front of the public like a show pony and some don't function well. 

Jesse James has a gift, he just couldn't conform to the plastic BS Hollyweird lifestyle and rebelled by being a douche bag. 

Maybe I respect him a little bit for that. 

But then he didn't have to go for the money either...........................................

• Like 3

Back in the day I'd watch Chip Foose or Boyd Coddington they were building real cars for customers.

Jesse James, Diesel Bros and Welderup not my taste  

It was sad to hear that Boyd died from complications after surgery due to being a diabetic 

Don’t have the Discovery plus. I remember watching the original monster garage years ago. I watched the first reboot episode on Discovery late one night and got a kick out of it. They want you to buy the plus to watch the others I guess which I won’t do. 

saw a few episodes of the original airing of Monster Garage. --- kinda neat to watch.

28 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Don’t have the Discovery plus. I remember watching the original monster garage years ago. I watched the first reboot episode on Discovery late one night and got a kick out of it. They want you to buy the plus to watch the others I guess which I won’t do. 

I am on the 7 day free trial, just to watch this episode,  but may continue to subscribe. 

• Like 2

interesting, i know Jesse James has been wanting to do monster garage again for awhile, so cool its finally back, used to watch it every Monday night, just actually bought all the DVDs over the last month 

• Like 1

I will not pay for Discovery +!

I asked why one pays for Netflix and then have to rent or buy a movie.

Under this thinking, Netflix only gives you the ability to search for something that will cost you more.

I won't play that game.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2021 at 5:12 PM, Ihfan4life said:

Is Jesse James and Sandra Bullock still together?

Nevermind?

divorced 2010

so you have a chance buddy.....

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

so you have a chance buddy.....

He didn't lose much unloading her in my opinion

• Like 1

I used to watch History, Discovery and such some. Now maybe just a little American Pickers once in a while. Motor Trend has a lot of watchable shows but I hardly ever watch it.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, jeeper61 said:

Back in the day I'd watch Chip Foose or Boyd Coddington they were building real cars for customers.

Jesse James, Diesel Bros and Welderup not my taste  

It was sad to hear that Boyd died from complications after surgery due to being a diabetic 

Chip Fool?  The guy that ruins everything with his 'designs?' Pass. 

I used to tune into those types of shows too, until I realized they were going after the drama of the employees constantly fighting vs the product they were producing. 

• Like 5

Wife calls them men's soap operas. They are always almost to miss a deadline or some major set back is gonna cost them a gazillion dollars and make them late. Sometimes I roll my eyes and am thinking ya right. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Wife calls them men's soap operas. They are always almost to miss a deadline or some major set back is gonna cost them a gazillion dollars and make them late. Sometimes I roll my eyes and am thinking ya right. 

Their just building the drama! About three episodes of Orange county choppers was all I needed years ago. Kind of sad, many of those shows have some great talent but I don't need all the tension. So someone has to wait three or four weeks for their new cycle, big deal!

What was the name of that show, maybe on TNT, of the guy that built 4x4s?  He was the only person on the show.  No drama, just mechanicing.  I liked that.  After it, there were two guys that restored muscle cars.  Also a decent show.

Did they actually take it down the track at speed?

'Cause it definitely looks like something you should have your affairs in order and your will up to date before driving. 

• Haha 1
On 1/27/2021 at 1:16 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Is anyone on here a fan of the show or watching it on Discovery plus?   There is an episode, "Shuckin' Dragster" where Jesse and the crew transform an IH 1644 combine into a diesel powered dragster.  Jesse chose that machine because it has the 5.9 Cummins engine in it.  That engine is easy to perform power modifications to.  They utilized the frame, rear axle, tires,  cab and engine.  The end result was neat looking.  The episode is full of hokey farm references, but I did enjoy it.  

However,  I am here to give you guys the rest of the story!  The background of the combine that will never be told in Hollywood.   That particular IH 1644 was sold to the production company by none other than my employer here in Colfax!  The episode was supposed to air much sooner, but the covid pushed filming back and the machine sat here awhile before it traveled to Texas.  Here is a photo I took last March.  And as Paul Harvey would say: "Now you know the rest of the story!"

20200318_142828.jpg

Noticed they jus left the steer tires the same,  both are mounted on rim the same , so on the machine, one is opposite tread direction of the other.  No question, that is the combine they used....?

2 hours ago, TN Hillbilly said:

What was the name of that show, maybe on TNT, of the guy that built 4x4s?  He was the only person on the show.  No drama, just mechanicing.  I liked that.  After it, there were two guys that restored muscle cars.  Also a decent show.

trucks stacy david he did have another show on speed channel but idk, if you like him you should try the engine masters, hotrod garage, roadkill guys 

18 hours ago, drglinski said:

Chip Fool?  The guy that ruins everything with his 'designs?' Pass. 

I used to tune into those types of shows too, until I realized they were going after the drama of the employees constantly fighting vs the product they were producing. 

I'm no deere guy but that 4020 chip did was horrid 

• Like 3