Need (rail) chain and rollers for a 1971 International 175 B track loader

• 1 month later...

I wish you the best of luck on your search for parts. I am not familiar with the 175B loaders, but I have a 250. There are no available undercarriage parts for mine. I have wasted an incredible amount of time searching for track rollers for my machine. I have recently given up my search and am in the process of trying to adapt CAT rollers from a D7 on to the 250 track frame. I hope to post pictures with my process sometime. If you are unable to locate parts this might be a good option for you as well. I’m sure there is a CAT roller that would work if you are energetic enough to make it fit. 

I think there was an undercarriage change up between somewhere in the 175 models.Others will now more than I about this.

Check that you are getting quotes for correct parts.

I will try and check the specs, I think I remember a pitch change at some point on these and what other machines used it, offhand I seem to recall this was the earlier shorter pitch and will be almost impossible to source new, good used might be your best hope now and that is probably getting slim

I have a Cat U/C conversion manual and can check if they had a solution to convert these and then if that is still available?

Ok I’m vaguely remembering there was 2 track systems supplied through TD15 early models, TD15B up to serial number 25000 was early 7” pitch and then changed to HD or severe duty 7.5” pitch that carried through with TD15C, and an option to order the HD for some time period, I think the link discusses all the other models that used the same U/C

This was from a decade ago the 7” early chain was almost impossible to find then, there is a Cat conversion that uses their 6.91” pitch but lots to switch over and that’s an old girl now so tough to say if all the parts required to do that are still available but they have offered support longer than others?

You need to measure your track pitch if it was 7 or 7.5” and has probably stretched or grown now on original dimensions and then figure out if the 7.5” is available and cost of that switch 

The Berco link # provided by original poster is for 7'' pitch chain.  Contact a Cat or JD Construction dealer for after market replacement availability.  JD dealers use to handle Berco product.  good luck.  Hardtail is right that later units went to 7.5 pitch.

Dennis

There was another topic that Berco or ITM still was making every part for the 7” track except the pins, I would think that maybe the easiest part to have another reproduce but this was over a decade ago?

My conversion book says that if your machine has 7.00 pitch to use 6.91 pitch D5 chain. If you machine has 7.5 pitch to use 8.00 pitch D6 chain. This would require machining to get the sprocket segments that it says to use to mount on the final drive. It can be made to work, but as I have found with my 250 loader this is easier said than done. The prices of these conversions are difficult to justify for many collectors or occasional users. If this machine is just used for fun, most people can simply not afford it. But, if you hire out much work that could otherwise be done yourself if you just had a decent undercarriage on a machine you already have, I think it can be worth the investment. I would bet that all of the parts are still available from CAT, except the holeless end collars for the rollers. I have been told they have been NLA for some time. 

• 2 weeks later...