It's been more than 4 hours...

-48 celcius here this morning. Hydraulic lines coulda put Pfizer out of business 

20210125_195422.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At that temp my hose would be too short   If I could even find it...............................?

I'll take this cold over heat any day. No flies and mosquitos now! And you can always put more layers on to stay warm, but can only take so many off in the heat!

-48 celcius here this morning. Hydraulic lines coulda put Pfizer out of business 

Posted Images

How in the heck do you do anything when its that cold, I pretty much give up down here when it gets below 15* in the mornings.   And I don't like it when it's below freezing!!  Seems like everything breaks when it gets below 20.  And these are F not C.

At that temp my hose would be too short

If I could even find it...............................?

• Like 3
  • Haha 12
4 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Exactly

• Haha 1

Was only -38 on the south side of the mountain. Found out in the last couple days the block heater is not working on the car. Oh well It's a Chevy, so it still started ?

We really can't complain. Usually most of January is like this. And by Thursday it's supposed to be back to single digits

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Was only -38 on the south side of the mountain. Found out in the last couple days the block heater is not working on the car. Oh well It's a Chevy, so it still started ?

We really can't complain. Usually most of January is like this. And by Thursday it's supposed to be back to single digits

Edit- forecast changed. Single digits by the weekend now. High of a balmy -25c today!

8 minutes ago, db1486 said:

All things considered we've been pretty lucky. We usually seem to end up with a two or three week stretch of this so I certainly can't complain. Looks like we're in for a beautiful weekend

• Like 2

I feel your pain. Better than having big poisonous snakes year round though ....

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, IH766 said:

All things considered we've been pretty lucky. We usually seem to end up with a two or three week stretch of this so I certainly can't complain. Looks like we're in for a beautiful weekend

Kinda lacking on the snow around home but weather wise I'll take it. Sure shortens the winter up compared to the last 2 years

1 minute ago, db1486 said:

Kinda lacking on the snow around home but weather wise I'll take it. Sure shortens the winter up compared to the last 2 years

We've been getting snow but with the temps we lost quite a bit. There's a decent base now at least but we could definitely use some more

9 minutes ago, bitty said:

I feel your pain. Better than having big poisonous snakes year round though ....

I'll take this cold over heat any day. No flies and mosquitos now! And you can always put more layers on to stay warm, but can only take so many off in the heat!

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, IH766 said:

We've been getting snow but with the temps we lost quite a bit. There's a decent base now at least but we could definitely use some more

I was up around that way last week and couldn't believe how bare the fields were. I'm sure the wind didn't help either. I know even in the bush where there was a foot and a half of snow was almost bare in spots last week. We had alot of warm days so far

1 hour ago, red211 said:

And these are F not C.

Fun fact, -40 Celsius and Fahrenheit is the same temperature 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Yup. At those temps, you have to consider the ol “hose to clothes ratio”. When going to the bathroom.  1 inch of hose to 2 inch of clothes   (Change dimensions as applicable “. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Nothing like trying to find 2” of hose under 5” of Carhartt when you already held it off for awhile!

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

Nothing like trying to find 2” of hose under 5” of Carhartt when you already held it off for awhile!

Just don’t pull out a hair and pee your pants!!

Here are the formulas for conversion. Have to know them for license but will never use them. We are in rugby ND.  Around 70 miles south of boissevain  mb. Was 17 below last night and one other day was around 21 below f. I was in Bismarck last night and their low was 2 above. Last week heard on the radio it was a year and few days since Bismarck had a low temp below 0 f. Very strange for around here. But I agree I like cold better than high heat.

7B9F57BC-E466-4C84-B5E6-D6BFAEA2CCE9.png

7188C5E6-5986-4BAE-BF96-BB0D5B1E790A.png

3 hours ago, Edsfarms said:

Fun fact, -40 Celsius and Fahrenheit is the same temperature 

And BOTH of those numbers will keep the Rif-Raf away!!!?

Mike

• Like 1

Another thing you notice at those cold temps. The vehicle seats especially vinyl tractor seats are a lot stiffer.that is the indicator of maybe tractor will start or not. When you sit in seat of 1066 push clutch in and seat doesn’t flex , you need to have the tractor plugged in.

• Like 1

Man I would LOVE that...maybe not quite -40 but somewheres around -10-20...plus 8-12 inches of snow.

3 minutes ago, IH OAK said:

Man I would LOVE that...maybe not quite -40 but aomewheres arrouns -10-20...plus 8-12 inches of snow.

I did too when I was your age. Came home from school and rode snowmobile everyday until I couldn’t feel my fingers or toes. Now at 46 I’m paying for it, my fingers will go numb in 5 minutes if it’s too cold. 

• Like 2

Y'all got cold, ya know why  it's called the "wet" coast? CUZ IT'S RAINING AGAIN. 5 deg and rain, last weekend -1 or 2 and rain, this weekend, 0 and rain. Not a complaint though, no shoveling needed.

-48, how do you work outside in that? I remember fire calls at night in the minus category, we could hardly move and everything would freeze up, some stuff I just don't miss.

Another thing is the drivers chaining up in the mountain passes, another thing that is not missed.

The shrinkage problem has an effect on my voice also, the farther the little guy retreats the higher my voice gets, -48 I could try out for a boys choir.

• Haha 3