Followed us home

Eason

1973 544 utility row-crop. Hydro is strong, motor runs great 3200 hours.

20210125_172810.jpg

20210125_172855.jpg

20210125_172843.jpg

• Like 16

Looks pretty nice yet for being 48 years old 

That is a great find! I have always wanted a 544 Hydro utility diesel. How many were made of that combination?

On 1/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, ihman1468 said:

Lookin sharp eason. Is she a gold demo?

No it's a late 72 model. It's Martha's tractor. After a friend of her's was stuck in a parade on a hill and had to manipulate the clutch and brake for about 15 minutes, Martha said she wanted a hydro for HER tractor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very nice, hard version to find. 

Local fella has one that looks almost identical to that, he custom crusted out poultry houses with it for years. When he bought it at auction it was a one owner tractor and had all records with it. Only one time did he have trouble with the hydro, I found a steel ball in "B" capsule had chrome flaking off it. Replaced the ball and she's still going strong. 

I saw the tractor about 5 or 6 years ago at a repair shop near Carrboro NC. It popped up on facebook market a week and a half ago. The grille guard was on it when I first saw it 5 or 6 years ago and is coming off.

13 hours ago, Rollie said:

Great find Eason! Love my hydro 656 for tractor drives as it's always in the right "gear".   What's the story on the heavy duty protection on the front end? Rollie

1 hour ago, 234-IA said:

nice find

what kind of work would that tractor have done set up as a kind of utility/row crop cross?  Doesn't look to have ever had a loader

The utility row crops were about were about $410 dollars cheaper than the Farmalls and basically had the same crop clearance.  That was a fair amount in 1973. There were a bunch sold in the southern and md atlantic states.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1