Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can anyone recommend a search engine that does not censor search results?

I'm trying to fact check some information about some groups that are not favorable in the press, both far right and left. When I Google them up I can tell the results are censored. I don't get any links to their content, only 'acceptable' articles about them. I don't just accept opinions, I look for facts.

I'm frustrated.

Anyway have a way around this?

Please keep this non political. Just discuss search engines that do not sensor results.

Thx-Ace 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother in law only uses duckduckgo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, acem said:

Can anyone recommend a search engine that does not censor search results?

I'm trying to fact check some information about some groups that are not favorable in the press, both far right and left. When I Google them up I can tell the results are censored. I don't get any links to their content, only 'acceptable' articles about them. I don't just accept opinions, I look for facts.

I'm frustrated.

Anyway have a way around this?

Please keep this non political. Just discuss search engines that do not sensor results.

Thx-Ace 

I have the same issue whenever I look for bomb making  instructions ?

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I have the same issue whenever I look for bomb making  instructions ?

But it’s waaaaay easier to make one of those than finding an unbiased internet search engine. From what I’m told anyhow....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

My brother in law only uses duckduckgo.

looks like its bottled in with chrome so its tracked - but just like our corporate security at major companies, they do keyword flagging, they dont have time to look at everyones stuff and searches, yes if you put bomb or kill or president in the same sentence you will likely get attention you didnt want - fbi, atf, cia, local authorities will probably be at my house tomorrow - i will keep ya posted if they let me have a last forum post ?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

But it’s waaaaay easier to make one of those than finding an unbiased internet search engine. From what I’m told anyhow....

Let’s be fair, write me an essay, any current event topic you want, and make it unbiased.... bet ya can’t. Gotta take the average with everything. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, acem said:

Can anyone recommend a search engine that does not censor search results?

I'm trying to fact check some information about some groups that are not favorable in the press, both far right and left. When I Google them up I can tell the results are censored. I don't get any links to their content, only 'acceptable' articles about them. I don't just accept opinions, I look for facts.

I'm frustrated.

Anyway have a way around this?

Please keep this non political. Just discuss search engines that do not sensor results.

Thx-Ace 

Have you adjusted your search settings?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about being tracked. I'm already on plenty of lists...I'm just trying to learn the truth but it's censored by Google et all. 

I got better results from duckduckgo but it appears to be censored as well. I know how to search in detail but they are filtering out the result. 

If you need bomb making instructions just pm me. I used to be a chemical engineer...

Thx-Ace 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Explicit filters are off.

It's well documented that the major search engines are filtering out (censoring) certain extremists groups now, both left and right.

I'll save my first amendment political rant...

Thx-Ace 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

looks like its bottled in with chrome so its tracked -

??? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo

You're not thinking of

https://www.lifewire.com/chromium-web-browser-4171288   ? 

It is the basis for Google Chrome but also for more such as Brave and the GAB version (.recommended in name) for sceptics - "Dissenter"

AFIK DDG is useable (but not connected) in all of them though you'd have to have unlocked Windows 10 S Mode to use it with Edge.

I'll ask further and relay

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

I'll ask further and relay

The gist of what I got back

"ANYTHING said, by anyone NOT A SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER or Professional SYSTEMS ADMIN With Chops, about what is tracked or not tracked in browsers is generally garbage and always suspect.

I repeatedly get stuff tossed at me like “DuckDuckGo is just Google Repackaged” (it isn’t) or It’s just like Chrome (it isn’t).

So no, DuckDuckGo is NOT Chrome, not related to it at all. One is a search engine, the other is a browser.

Different products. Different companies. Different source code.

Now, where there MIGHT be a tiny bit of truth in the concern:

IFF you are using the DuckDuckGo search engine inside a Chrome (Google infested track you land) browser, then Google will likely know you went to DuckDuckGo, but not much else."

In fact, in the spirit of the Pointman quote in the "attitudes" thread, a friend says you should give the googler the two fingered salute by using it to find DDG and then shutting it off by using DDG"

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Let’s be fair, write me an essay, any current event topic you want, and make it unbiased.... bet ya can’t. Gotta take the average with everything. 

I understand that thought, but, it’s a trick question. A guy gets in trouble talking about current events so I will stay away from that.  If you were going to make something as mentioned above, would you want average advice on how to do it?

I know you don’t and I don’t either but if you did you would probably be looking for good, true advice whether it came from a government agency or a group of experienced bad guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used Startpage for years.

You get a search engine and no other BS.

They swear they are not monitored nor do they give away/sell their results.

https://www.startpage.com/

The world's most private search engine.

Give it a try!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I understand that thought, but, it’s a trick question. A guy gets in trouble talking about current events so I will stay away from that.  If you were going to make something as mentioned above, would you want average advice on how to do it?

I know you don’t and I don’t either but if you did you would probably be looking for good, true advice whether it came from a government agency or a group of experienced bad guys. 

I guess my point is that I really dint think it is possible to get 100% advice on something, period, unless you were there, if you get it from source A itnis going to be slanted one way, Source B is likely to be slanted another, and source C is leaning somewhere east of south. The whole thing is like one great big game of clue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, acem said:

I'm not worried about being tracked. I'm already on plenty of lists...I'm just trying to learn the truth but it's censored by Google et all. 

I got better results from duckduckgo but it appears to be censored as well. I know how to search in detail but they are filtering out the result. 

If you need bomb making instructions just pm me. I used to be a chemical engineer...

Thx-Ace 

 

you goof, you are never NOT a chemical engineer - you are just at a different boost stage 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I guess my point is that I really dint think it is possible to get 100% advice on something, period, unless you were there, if you get it from source A itnis going to be slanted one way, Source B is likely to be slanted another, and source C is leaning somewhere east of south. The whole thing is like one great big game of clue. 

That is 100% accurate. I would love a news source that was actually straight with people on the truth.  The powers that be want it that way. If you listen to one thing be it right or wrong long enough you will begin to take it as fact. That’s just the psychology of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, acem said:

Focus guys, try to stay on topic. Uncensored search engines.

Let's try to keep this from getting poofed!

Thx-Ace 

Sorry, wasn’t trying to steer off topic. Not pushing anything on anyone

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best bet is to set yourself up with a VPN, then you can ghost your IP address to other countries. A Google search made in say England or France will give you completely different results than one from the US. You may not find what you are looking for, but at least will get a glimpse of what the rest of the world is saying. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

understand that thought, but, it’s a trick question. A guy gets in trouble talking about current events so I will stay away from that.  If you were going to make something as mentioned above, would you want average advice on how to do it?

I've said for years that "An average ranch exists only in the mind of an average ag economist"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...