Axle housing seals

Where can you get seals for the axle to rear end housing for and H?  All the other seals have been done but I don't know where to source those.  These is my last leak to nail down.  Thanks for the help!

Are you referring to the outer axle shaft seals ? I was getting them from Case-IH parts still last I checked there's a felt seal and lip seal if its simliar to a super M 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Are you referring to the outer axle shaft seals ? I was getting them from Case-IH parts still last I checked there's a felt seal and lip seal if its simliar to a super M 

Nope.  Axle carrier to rear end case.  The big 'sea shell' looking gasket.  Thanks for the help.

Did you try the most logical place a caseIH dealer? part # 49789d plenty available price is salty at $30.00 Messicks have 28 on hand

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, fbh31118 said:

Nope.  Axle carrier to rear end case.  The big 'sea shell' looking gasket.  Thanks for the help.

I call that a gasket then never seen to many of them leak but anything is possible I've never had to purchase one but those would be easy to make if you want too

• Thanks 1

If you got time, make your own out of gasket material.

I have made gaskets out of cereal boxes.

All are a paper product that just fills the voids between the two mating surfaces.

• Thanks 1

Places like mcmaster have  a large range of gasket materials.  With a set of gasket/paper hole punches, a some sharp instruments  and a little work you can make some good looking and fitting gaskets.

Harborfreight has a set made from soft material for less than $10.  Use them on a piece of wood a they will last so-so.

AND if you want a near perfect gasket us  SPELLMACO BLIND HOLE SPOTTERs from mcmaster to locate the exact location of the holes in the  casting. Machinists use them to mark a copy of holes an existing casting. Think of them as a center punch that fits in the center of an existing hole to mark that center on a new part. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, R190 said:

Did you try the most logical place a caseIH dealer? part # 49789d plenty available price is salty at $30.00 Messicks have 28 on hand

They weren't open today but I'll give it a try.

6 minutes ago, fbh31118 said:

They weren't open today but I'll give it a try.

they are always open online are you in a big toot to get  a gasket? Case IH dealer will be open tomorrow I'm sure