50 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Looks like a 2 wheel drive

I hope it at least has a posi rear end or the shovel might get more done.

A 2” slab of plate steel to “reinforce” the bed would help........

one of those wide rear drag snowplow blades would be a good offset and make it better for snow attack

would the crossmember be as far back as it is on a two wheel drive?

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Looks like a 2 wheel drive

I hope it at least has a posi rear end or the shovel might get more done.

Dunno bout that.

Sure looks like a transfer case and skid plate to me.

1 hour ago, MTO said:

Dunno bout that.

Sure looks like a transfer case and skid plate to me.

I see said the blind man 

I was expecting locking hubs in that series 

i used to work in the shop next to the builder, he also had put a d282 in a Dodge Charger and had a B Farmall  with I think 18.4 26 or so drive tires and a real tall front end.

1 hour ago, Dave Shepard said:

That vintage Dodge would have big locking hubs sticking out of the wheel covers. It does look like a skid plate, however. 

85 and later dodges had the goofy split axle thing like all the later ones did.

The truck pictured is a late 80's model. 

3 hours ago, Dave Shepard said:

That vintage Dodge would have big locking hubs sticking out of the wheel covers

Full time 4wd in that vintage,   No locking hubs,  I would love to try that setup , just for the option of moving snow out of tight spots

quickly ( heck I would bring it to the next town over if I could )

9 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

I have personally seen that truck 15 years ago in Glenwood MN. Don't know the story but I thought it was pretty crazy when I saw it.

Dad was in the Navy CB’s with a guy from Michigan that put a loader on a scout. I remember seeing it when we were traveling one summer to visit my grandparents in Montana. I remember him saying it worked fairly well for him. 

Matt

Kinda funny how that picture seems to pop up on different forums every winter. I know the guy personally that built this. It’s his second one, the first one he put a loader on a Scout 2 and ran that until it basically rusted away to nothing. Yes, it is 4 wheel drive. He runs a small 1 man repair shop and is constantly inventing things or retrofitting things like this. 

6 hours ago, Cliff Neubauer said:

A plow on the front of that truck would have moved snow 5x faster with a lot less abuse on the truck.

Not to do what he was doing with it. He used to clean a bunch of parking lots around town and needed to stack the snow high to save room. Worked great.

8 hours ago, R190 said:

i used to work in the shop next to the builder, he also had put a d282 in a Dodge Charger and had a B Farmall  with I think 18.4 26 or so drive tires and a real tall front end.

What shop did you work at? You live around Glenwood?  I’m from 10 miles south of there.

Think there was a thread on here that someone posted sales literature of a front end loader manufactured for trucks. Seems like there was a model would also load the bed on a dump truck ?  

23 hours ago, lightninboy said:

Seems like there was a loader on a Scout.

Scout Loader.jpg

16 hours ago, 1480x3 said:

Think there was a thread on here that someone posted sales literature of a front end loader manufactured for trucks. Seems like there was a model would also load the bed on a dump truck ?  

Yes there is a company making them still 

Street Repair, Road Maintenance, Debris Removal Equipment offered by  Municipal Equipment Sales, Inc.

I'm partial to the anti-shovel league. Mostly I only shovel with the dozer when I can't drive out. Until then I rely on the no shovel method and just drive over it. It's snow, come Apr/May in most places it'll melt, no shoveling required......