National guard troops

Tmtbob

And......the fact that they felt they had to have the troops vetted. Seriously???

5 days ago — More than 21,000 National Guard troops assumed positions across the heart of the nation's capital on Monday as military and law enforcement ...

My hat is off to those Governors that are pulling their troops and bringing them home. 

This whole thing is scary. No riots yet the guard is called out? That they are not being housed or taken care of is no surprise considering it's the politicians that demanded their presents. Basically "the war is over, soldiers and dogs keep off the grass". This was about showmanship and nothing else.

Look at when Hurricane Katrina hit. Folks were yelling about why wasn't the guard sent in during the storm. Simple answer is the leadership is supposed to look at the mission and the required support. Well that would mean sitting up a tent city complete with porta potties and shower points. Can't set that stuff in a hurricane. Send it troops without that and now they need rescued too. OK, those troops should not have been sent to DC without knowing that the proper support was in place. If that means tent city on the White House lawn so be it. 21,000 troops is a lot of folks. Lots of porta potties, and a place to sleep. IN peace time in the city in the winter doesn't mean an unheated parking garage. And why were different state national guards used? If anything it should have been maybe the MD guard. Definitely not from across the nation. I'm not sure about this but to bring them to DC for a security mission would mean legally having to federalize them calling them to active duty. Once called to active duty the Posse Comitatus Act kicks in. The Posse Comitatus Act limits the powers of the federal government in the use of federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. So what's up with that? The guard can be used within state borders to an extent for things like riot control and other domestic policy enforcement. But not outside the state. Once federalized they are barred from things like security by the Posse Comitatus Act. Some governors and NG commanders should have to answer for this too. They know better.

Rick

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

This whole thing is scary. No riots yet the guard is called out?

The riots were in Portland and Seattle.  Did you read about 'em?

6 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Exactly! Now the riots are anti Biden! Can't make anarchists happy. Sad the story is on page 10.

7 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Just this morning. I was referring to the fact that they were called out to DC when nothing was going on.

Rick

But they got cookies.?

I still have not heard who exactly wanted them there. The last party was in power when they showed up, and the new party is there now, and they are still there. The DC Police ordered them to the garage, do they have the power to call in that many NG?

16 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Just this morning. I was referring to the fact that they were called out to DC when nothing was going on.

Rick

I knew what you meant, but it was a great question.  Where is any kind of law enforcement in those Pacific northwest paradises?

So the Emperor of NY wouldnt use the NY Guard to protect NYC residents and business owners when there were riots, yet he sends 1500 of them to protect the Biden crew?

Yes they were riots.

And the new regime doesnt want a border wall to protect our own people and democracy, yet every layer of fence in DC looks like a wall to me. Total hypocrites.

And then to vet them and ask them to sleep in a parking garage and contract Covid? 

This will probably get deleted but this is only the tip of the iceburg.

And today the reports say that the incoming Sec. of Trans is trying to push a mileage tax on all vehicles. He doesnt know a pothole from a manhole.  

9 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

"Bloody H23l!  8 notifications!  I was worried about what I'd stirred for a bit there!

Must be a worm at work with in the system. Wanted to make sure ''submit reply'' was working properly. 

Sad state of affairs we've let ourselves be dragged into isn't it? This will be remembered and turn around and bite them in the backside. Not only with the NG but with the regulars specifically, all branches. These clowns are about to find themselves unable to attract any personnel into the voluntary ranks at all. Maybe that's what they're counting on the open border illegals for. Now don't that just paint a rosy picture of our future! 

Old Tanker - we got a similar quote among Uncle Sams Misguided Children - 

We the Unknowing

Led By The Unqualified

To Do the Unthinkable

For the Ungrateful

We Have Been Doing So Much

For So Long

We are Now Qualified

To Do Anything With Nothing

Archived