The DT 429 is alive ?

I got he 429 from one our forum members over in Michigan /Rusty Farmer . This motor came out of a 4100 tractor and had been sitting for years , the tractor had 4600 hrs on it . We got it home after the 1600 mile road trip . I rebuilt the injection pump , went through the injectors , adjusted the valves , changed the oil , hooked up a makeshift radiator , slipped my cut off TA housing on there and the oil girl cracked right off . 70 psi of oil psi after running about 30 min ? Thanks again to Frank /Rusty Farmer 

‘The TD 20 will be back in the field operating this spring after saving it from China ?

Sorry I can’t get the video to load on here of it running 

E0212127-3E94-4B9A-BEC5-0161429E3444.jpeg

36FF4A3E-84D4-4659-A4C3-82E8DF97B0FA.jpeg

B284EF5D-DE95-4752-B424-C197B926B95E.jpeg

• Like 11

Looks good Danny. Looking forward to pics of the old girl pushing dirt. 

Great save Danny.  DT429 was not one of IH's more popular engines as you probably know, at least now.  Good you could find a useable engine.

Dennis

Danny,

I can get the video on here, if you want to send it me via text.

BJ

Congrats Danny. I’ve never been around a 429 to hear one run. Would like to see and hear it in the video.

7 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Congrats Danny. I’ve never been around a 429 to hear one run. Would like to see and hear it in the video.

X2!

Looks good!

I had one apart many years ago from a 4156. The front drive axle supports broke and went up into the oil pan and broke the crankshaft. That's a very heavy engine. ?

Reminds me of an overgrown 407. 

• Like 1

well isnt that fun, only 429 I ever ran was a Ford, it ran like a scalded dog - so glad you got it working kudos to you guys for keeping it going 

Great work you guys....good to see another one brought back to life......enjoy that dozer?

Heath