Hy hose for fuel line

boots

Hose on the 66 and 86 series,  and combines with same setup, hose needs to be able to pulse. It is easier on the head in pump and the housing.

Hydraulic hose  that is steel  braided doesn't allow it act as the appropriate hose.

Will it work, yep, and some will last for years with a hydraulic hose and not seem to affect anything.  And some go bad with the correct hose.  

Jus use the correct hose. My 2cents

Yes it is the pulse. If the line does not have enough elasticity. The pump will actually starve for fuel because when the plunger should be filling. The fuel is actually moving in the other direction. The correct hose acts as an expansion chamber. So instead of a long column of fuel changing direction with every stroke. It's just a small volume next to the pump. The correct hose is actually hydraulic. R6 I believe could be wrong though.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:58 PM, boots said:

As above hear the board discussion  this like quite often especially 66 series why is this wrong correct police or really something else ? Boots

Thanks for asking I needed to know this too! 

I've always heard it referred to as harmonics. I have 100% seen a 966 that didn't run correct with hydraulic hose. The guy said he blew a hose and replaced it and now it felt like he still had air in it. When I asked which hose he told me, and I said oh where did you get it at? He said napa made it, and I said try again. He later told me it corrected the issue. 

Archived