Hydraulic dovetail trailer

26' hydraulic dovetail gooseneck trailer. This is my middle sons ffa ag mechanics project for this year. I dont know how much he will get to show it. 9k axles, 17.5" tires, pierced frame. He built hydraulic jacks for it. Still waiting on the pin striper. 1206 inspired paint job. Thanks for looking. 

20210114_163541.jpg

20210114_163604.jpg

20201206_122723.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nice job! I'm not familiar with that style of trailer. Is the dove tail portion just a ramp or can it carry a load in transport? If so is there a locking mechanism or does the hydraulics hold the load up?

One piece at a time.....

(But it did cost more than a dime.....)

That looks nice!

I have rebuilt tooooooo many rusty trailers.  I would not know what to do building a trailer with ALL NEW STEEL!!!!!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

One piece at a time.....

(But it did cost more than a dime.....)

That looks nice!

I have rebuilt tooooooo many rusty trailers.  I would not know what to do building a trailer with ALL NEW STEEL!!!!!!

I do...take it directly to the galvinization place...

• Like 2

Awesome job. Very nice to see such determination to complete an accomplishment at a young age. 

Tim @ Bitty Built MFG 

That is a great job, nice to see the interest and talents that young, good raising, I love working with new steel 

Very nice fab work, It's nice to see some young people that can do somthing with there Hands besides play on the cell phone 

• Like 2