what is the definition of politics?

yellowrosefarm

14 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

1).  Exposes the mentality of the present frequenters doesn't it?

2). You know, the ones that are pushy and repetitive with their confusion.

3). What you think, what your opinions are, what you pray for, are irrelevant.

4). What you agreed to is.  If you agreed to something you don't understand then let others who do get it lead the way by example. Just like you would expect if it was somebody in your house. 

5). Out of the billions of people on earth and the thousands of ways to learn a topic available I would be embarrassed to admit that I relied on postings in a tractor forum on a non tractor subject.

First off, I believe, (that’s my opinion) the OP was making a statement.  It’s a definition. Then, he states that he appreciates the current event topics.  He doesn’t push a view, he doesn’t whine, he doesn’t say anything out of line. That is how it appears to me. 

Referencing the numbers above

1)  Please be careful pointing the preverbal finger at others because every time you do there are three more of those fingers pointing back at you.  You sir are obviously frustrated about some of the things you have read here to provoke such a response.

2)  What confusion are you referencing?  The OP asking for clarification in his second paragraph?

3) Not a true statement.  If our thoughts as a forum were “irrelevant” then there would not be a forum in the first place because no one would need to post anything.  I personally find prayer concerns very relevant as I have already prayed for you this morning after reading this for peace of mind.

4) Do you make everyone that enters your home agree to agree with your views upon entering?

5) Many people that come here value the opinions of other people alone or along side of other news sources to make an educated opinion on certain topics.  To point fingers and berate people for seeking information from a group of people whose opinions they respect is not respectful.

I do however respect your opinions @nomorejohndeere even though it appears they are very different from mine on this topic.  If you feel the need for another rebuttal on this topic then feel free to call me at (removed per suggestion, thanks) if you would like since you referenced other modes of contact.  I promise I won’t talk about politics and we may have a lot more in common that we thought.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been behind BJ for a long time.

I do think his timing was wrong since the next week could become an exciting or dark time for our country.

I do agree this gets a bit out of hand at times but so does life.

This is exactly the same as kids on the school bus arguing John Deere vs. International Harvester.

Post on this forum as if you are nose to nose with the people you are talking with.

Think before saying and think before posting.

But, after all was said, this is pure censorship and violates the 1st Amendment.

May our country heal and get back to normal.

God bless the United States of America

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MTO said:

Yellowrose, please accept my apology. 

I fly off the handle lately.

Not my call what you or anyone post.

are you coming over or not, i got the maul ready to go - will fire up the saw and try to keep up with your swinging 

• Haha 2

In the user agreement there is a link to email any questions regarding the terms of use agreement. That is the place to ask the question the OP posted.

I have my opinion of things going on in the world but the people that own/operate this site have kindly asked that we refrain from a few subjects here. Their playground- their rules. There are other forums that have political sections. 

No matter how many posts and how much you try you are not going to change minds on religion or politics. Those are personal morals. Right or wrong.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MTO said:

And to ask for definition is petty and chicken $hit. 

This is exactly the problem. I honestly don't know what the definition of politics is on this forum. Seriously. I'm not trying to be snarky or stir the pot. I want everyone to know what the rules are so that we don't lose the forum. I read as many of the threads as I can and I haven't seen a lot of consistency in what goes and what stays to be able to form a good idea of what to or not to post any more. I'm not at all questioning the sites desire and ability to limit certain speech, I just would like clarification as to what that actually is.  The thread last night about the NRA filing bankruptcy is a perfect example. Until then, I had no idea that was going on. Is it political? They aren't a government organization. Can we express an opinion about that? Is saying they went into chapter 11 OK because it is a fact, but saying "those idiots finally got what they deserved" not because it's an opinion?  To the one who criticized me for not having more news sources. I do, but I REALLY value the opinions of people on this forum including you. It gives me a much better perspective of the country and the world than I get from just about any other source. That's how much I count on you guys and yeah, I'll miss your opinions A LOT if they aren't allowed any more. MTO, if I was closer, I'd come work for you a day to do the worst job you had in the shop, just to show there are no hard feelings between us. I missed you when you were gone and am glad you're back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, new guy said:

In the user agreement there is a link to email any questions regarding the terms of use agreement. That is the place to ask the question the OP posted.

I have my opinion of things going on in the world but the people that own/operate this site have kindly asked that we refrain from a few subjects here. Their playground- their rules. There are other forums that have political sections. 

No matter how many posts and how much you try you are not going to change minds on religion or politics. Those are personal morals. Right or wrong.

You make my point for me. Everyone has an opinion about what "politics" or "a few subjects" means. Shouldn't be an opinion, or have to ask in secret what it means.. Should be clearly stated with examples and enforced across the board.

1 hour ago, yellowrosefarm said:

You make my point for me. Everyone has an opinion about what "politics" or "a few subjects" means. Shouldn't be an opinion, or have to ask in secret what it means.. Should be clearly stated with examples and enforced across the board.

I already said way too much but would like to use the Joke threads as an example. they start out innocent and every time they went down the wrong path

So ask yourself if I post something  where can a less restrained member take this?  I would say you are a "restrained' man maybe even go so far as a gentleman but what about the other guy? it just never ends

• Like 1

Just after the election, a classmate posted this message on his FB page as he was getting so sick of political comments on FB. 

I think it applies to the 2020s more so than the 1980s. 

Have a good one guys. 

4B3507D2-277E-4CA3-9DE5-1B0C1C990842.jpeg

21 minutes ago, SDman said:

Good one.

3 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

are you coming over or not, i got the maul ready to go - will fire up the saw and try to keep up with your swinging 

Sorry Searcy but in my fit of rage I kicked a #1400 steer for shoving his horns into me.

He kicked back.

Wont be swinging a maul in near future.....sigh.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, SDman said:

Just after the election, a classmate posted this message on his FB page as he was getting so sick of political comments on FB. 

I think it applies to the 2020s more so than the 1980s. 

Have a good one guys. 

That is precious SD!

3 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

But, after all was said, this is pure censorship and violates the 1st Amendment.

I'm admittedly no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that unless the government prosecutes somebody for something posted on this site, NO 1st amendment rights have been violated. 

42 minutes ago, MTO said:

Sorry Searcy but in my fit of rage I kicked a #1400 steer for shoving his horns into me.

He kicked back.

Wont be swinging a maul in near future.....sigh.

Getcha some black baldies that don't have any horns and will finish at 1000 pounds.

6 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Getcha some black baldies that don't have any horns and will finish at 1000 pounds.

4 minutes ago, mike newman said:

....carefull...!!!

Mike

Angus - Hereford cross. There - I fixed it.  Don't want to go pc jail.

• Haha 2

To be honest, I'm surprised this thread it's self has not been poofed. So while it is still up, I'll make  comment as well.

I too would like a definition of what is political. If we tried hard we probably could find something political in most of the threads in the Coffee Shop. Today the Iranians fired missiles that were fired in the direction of US ships. I think that is a topic that should be discussed but if I post something it will get poofed. The raising of the minimum wage is something that effects every small business owner in America. There are several on this forum that it probably effects directly. I'd like to know their thoughts and how it effects their business. But the question would get poofed as well. Even though if we were sitting around a table at the local coffee spot we would be discussing these same current affairs.

I'll take some of the blame for the changes in the rules. I am opinionated, and I have no problem voicing those opinions. Believe me, this isn't the first time I've been spanked for voicing my opinion. 

I come to this forum because of the people here and the topics discussed. I don't often drink coffee with the boys, and my drinking alcohol consists of a beer once a year or so. I don't surf the net beyond youtube and some news, and except for a rare search on a trade forum this is the only place I go. As my wife says "if you weren't talking to your International buddies all the time you could get some work done".  

I respect all the members here. While we may not agree with each other, there is not one that I wouldn't enjoy sitting down and having coffee with. While I don't agree with the censorship shown, I also respect those who did it and I can understand their thinking. 

There is way more going on today than any of us can handle. The world today will affect all future generations whether we want to admit it or not. And sticking our head in the sand will not change it. 

I've said my piece. This forum is a hard habit to break.

gene

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dads706 said:

I too would like a definition of what is political. If we tried hard we probably could find something political in most of the threads in the Coffee Shop.

I don't think there is a simple definition for the reason you gave in your second sentence.

From what I remember about those threads that were deleted, for the most part manners were minded, information shared, differences discussed. They were motoring along fine until someone posted an inflammatory remark knowing it would get the thread poofed or someone yelled "political" knowing it would have the same result. 

"I don't like it so you can't do it". 

This forum is no different than anywhere else in the country right now. 

Saddened but not surprised. I agreed to abide by "the rules" with that last little clicky thing. 

I like the people on this forum and the interaction. I am free to leave any time I wish. But thinkin' I'll stick around a while longer. Sorry guys?

• Like 1

I read all these posts with interest and the other posters on here know I got a little upset with the threat of restriction of free speech before . I also don't want to be kicked off this site because I ENJOY it.I guess though if it comes to free speech verse being on here I will chose free speech.

Free  speech  and hate speech are two differant things.I always refrain or try on the latter.If I utter ANYTHING that  someone could misconstrue as hate  speech I apologize.

I understand those who say go to another site that  is solely political.

However those sites I would venture to guess that I would have NOTHING in common with them other then same or different political views,probably as far as you could get in them understanding my lifestyle as I of them. This site we all have at least same interest in IH plus many others as farms,hay,cows,hogs,crops,rural life,etc.,etc.,etc..I also believe that since we come from similar backgrounds we can communicate and understand each better then a person from another world so to speak.

That's  why I hope we can discuss any topics on coffee shop,isn't that what it's all about? I seen and been part of discussions on there that are real life hard deals.Divorce,drug and alcohlol abuse ,money problems,bankruptcy,family issues all have been talked about.Those  problems are real life stress makers just as our uncertainty in the political world is also.If we can talk about it and it saves  one  person a sleepless night it's worth having some leeway.

• Like 2