Hello all ! I have a 574 utility gas w/gear drive, hydraulics worked fine but wanted to change the filter and fluid, and now I can't get the hydraulics or steering to work,book said nine gallons and that's what I put back in it, is there a bleeder valve somewhere, I did try blowing air in it, but that didn't help,any help is appreciated !

Most times I get this call a day or 2 after somebody stops by for a filter. They don't get the filter canister sealed back up square and in groove all the way around. So make sure your canister is in groove and seated all the way. If it is put a bead of grease around canister to create a seal. The filter is between reservoir (transmission) and the pump, so it will always run under a vacuum and draw air if not sealed. If that is what happened it will never prime. 

• Like 2

No luck, I took the filter canister off and checked the o-ring,that was ok,put grease on it and put the assembly back together and put grease around the perimeter of the can and the casting. What should I try next ?

Make sure the center bolt in the filter can isn't leaking. You can set a bucket under mcv. Remove plug under flow divider and start ready to shutoff. If that don't start it I think there's something we havn't been told.

• Thanks 1

Snoshoe, I was honest on this tractor, it worked fine, until I drained the system, only thing I didn't state, was I just purchased it within the last 2 weeks,there was no issues with it,just changed it so I knew what I. had. CIHTECK how do I get to the pump ? 

Didn't intend to indicate untruths. Was thinking more like omissions and not that you would be aware of them. A pump that is good enough to steer normally should be good enough to prime with sealed filter and flow divider plug removed. I will concede that if plug removal is needed. Pump is not well. If plug removal starts it and it functions as before. Then we at least know that much. If it does not start I believe something else has happened that we do not know about. That is what I was trying to say with a lot less words.

Pump is mounted on back side of mcv.

• Thanks 1

Snoshoe, if I take the MCV plug out is there parts that come out with it, such as a spring or valve of some sort ? don't want parts flying around.

30 minutes ago, JimmyDean said:

Snoshoe, if I take the MCV plug out is there parts that come out with it, such as a spring or valve of some sort ? don't want parts flying around.

Yes. Spring and flow divider spool. Spring will fall out. Spool may stick but will fly if pump primes. Place bucket under. Will be alot of oil when it starts too.

21 hours ago, snoshoe said:

Yes. Spring and flow divider spool. Spring will fall out. Spool may stick but will fly if pump primes. Place bucket under. Will be alot of oil when it starts too.

Thanks for your help on this Snoshoe, everything worked as you said ! The system works like new ! The steering 3pt and loader !

On 1/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, CIHTECH said:

Hate to tell ya this but you may as well put a new hydraulic pump in your tractor. 

Have to thank CITECK, he let my heart know it's working good ! !

• Like 3

@JimmyDean you might want to go back up and re read snoshoe's post about pulling the spring and flow divider, you might still have a pump problem coming with this tractor.

4 hours ago, Doug in NY said:

@JimmyDean you might want to go back up and re read snoshoe's post about pulling the spring and flow divider, you might still have a pump problem coming with this tractor.

Thanks for your concern,I did read his post about a half dozen times before taking this all in, but as I wrote all is well now, and back together, If the pump gives out at a later time, I will deal with then, It might get 20 hours on it a year. Thanks, JimmyDean

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, JimmyDean said:

It might get 20 hours on it a year.

Don't understand why people need to own a tractor that gets less than 100 hours a year.  Hard to justify spending any money on it whatsoever for those hours of use.

Really? You need to mouth off about everything that happens on this forum? We've got a shed full of old tractors, some haven't run in decades, and can afford to let them sit there. Why? Because we like them. You really are the most miserable opinionated member of this forum. 

1 hour ago, Dave Shepard said:

Really? You need to mouth off about everything that happens on this forum? We've got a shed full of old tractors, some haven't run in decades, and can afford to let them sit there. Why? Because we like them. You really are the most miserable opinionated member of this forum. 

Get over it.  Some of you on here need to learn to suck it up.  You b**** about the dumbest things. I've got machines that don't run too.  Thought I'd get them running, but haven't. At least I'll admit I should probably get rid of them.  Besides, who TF cares if some guy on a forum thinks it's silly to own a tractor if it doesn't get used.  Go pound sand. It wasn't an attack, it was a f****** statement.  Like it, don't like it, but quit making personal attacks on people just for making a mild statement. I wasnt even quoting you anyway!!! Nor was I looking to provoke a response.  You're the miserable one.