I got a really good deal on a construction bumper pull carhauler but there is a little twist in the frame, depending on the load either minimizes it or exaggerates but it is useful when needed, I may convert it to a tilt deck as they are far nicer for my needs, can vouch for all the new friends you will find know it’s not my shining personality 

We have a deck over bumper pull tilt trailer. I would like to have a gooseneck aluminum trailer with a hydraulic tail if I could afford one. Scott! is right about them being very sketchy to load 

If it's a tilt have a good winch cause you won't be able to load that slant easily

you will fall down/off on a tilt deck and cuss and cuss

If you load a tilt with something in front and want to load something else it needs to be power tilt 

If it's tilted by tractor weight only in some cases can struggle with the tractor being up far enough for it to want to tilt down right as your trailered implement needs to hit the ramps.......

Money isin't bad just to use it as a flatbead really

• 2 weeks later...

Well I pulled the trigger. It's going to be some work but I think it will be a very nice trailer when I'm done. It's 8ftx33ft with an electric over hyd tilting gooseneck.

KIMG0051.JPG

KIMG0053.JPG

KIMG0052.JPG

• Like 3

I bought a scrapping trailer that had a pivot neck.  Pony gas to run the hydraulics and winch.  Triple axles mounted on a slide to reduce the tilting angle and balance the load.  

I bought it defunct to make into a equipment hauler but it wasn't wide enough for 100 plus horsepower tractor and it was more project than I wanted after all so I passed it on.

It was 36 ft.

Do you plan on keeping the steel deck or replacing with wood, I noticed the deck has some sore spots. If you plan on using it in the winter I would go with wood. Steel gets really slippery with just a dusting of snow on it making loading/unloading unsafe. 

That trailer looks long enough that the tip angle won't be too steep. The farm had an econoline 18 foot tilt that was kind of steep when it was tilted. I used it to haul their oliver 88 to our local fair to pull with it and as I was backing off the left brake grabbed. Luckily I instinctively pulled back on the peddle releasing it and all was well but still an eye opening experience. I was extra wary of loading and unloading on that trailer after that.

• Like 1

Looks handy to have but I can’t get over the lean on that neck. The neck itself I can live with but not the post. Without looking I think the jack is an easy fix along with the deck but I would have to straighten that ball post. 

There's actually a parking stand that flips down. Previous owner just threw a jack In there. Flip the stand down and than get it worked off the ball. The neck it tilted right now from the cylinders giving a bit.