I’m going into self imposed quarantine

560Dennis

If it isn’t bad with brother Robert ,I got an email from Madison ymca that one of the staff tested plosives. I was there on the days the individual was there. So the wife and and decided we had to quarantine, to two weeks. 
I got to call the food bank I work with on Tuesday I won’t be there for a while and why. 
l got to cancel the blood drive also. 
?

• Sad 3

A person working there while you were there should not require you to quarantine unless you were in close contact with that person specifically. Never hurts to be careful but I personally wouldn’t hurry to quarantine myself unless I was in direct contact with that person for some amount of time. Good luck to you. 

• Like 4

I'm with sledgehammer.  Here direct contact is definied as cumulatively 15 minutes or more within 6ft of a person over a 24hr period. 

Thank you for your volunteering.  The world needs more like you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

If it isn’t bad with brother Robert ,I got an email from Madison ymca that one of the staff tested plosives. I was there on the days the individual was there. So the wife and and decided we had to quarantine, to two weeks. 
I got to call the food bank I work with on Tuesday I won’t be there for a while and why. 
?

Hang in there, You got this!!

13 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

A person working there while you were there should not require you to quarantine unless you were in close contact with that person specifically. Never hurts to be careful but I personally wouldn’t hurry to quarantine myself unless I was in direct contact with that person for some amount of time. Good luck to you. 

They won’t say who , so they won’t by some law I guess  ?‍♂️?just give the days the staffer was working , ?I’m im contact and property warned 

5 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

They won’t say who , so they won’t by some law I guess  ?‍♂️?just give the days the staffer was working , ?I’m im contact and property warned 

HIPPA. One of the worst examples of well intentioned, but entirely un-thought-out laws.

It's the same reason that despite my father dying of a heart condition at 47, I wasn't entitled to know, ten years after his death, my own family health history to prevent issues myself. I hate that law. It causes a ton of grief.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Do as you wish. I realize there are HIPA laws that protect names but if they cannot be any more specific than “someone” there tested positive I’d be fairly skeptical personally.

Must depend where you are somewhat. My wife isn’t forced to quarantine when kids in her class at school test positive because it isn’t convenient for the school that way.  I worked with a guy that tested positive and they never even asked me because it wasn’t convenient for the company. You are trying to do what is right in your mind and good for you to be that way. 

Hope y'all miss it, sounds like you have a good chance of not contracting it unless they were hands on.   I have had a runny nose and productive cough since week ago tuesday, not bad, just normal for this time of year.   Slight fever monday evening gone in the morning.  Daughter in nursing school makes me go test..... positive.  Haven't been around anyone so that is good.  Working in loader kind of makes it self isolating like field work does.   I Should be good by saturday if all goes well.  Lucky cause so far just feels like a very mild head cold.   Take care of yourselves.

Around our area, we help one another.

So HIPPA prevents the name from being released and ailment.

So you have to go to social media, or the coffee shop, to find out what is really happening.

Do what you feel is right and stay safe.

• Like 1

Personally I would go about my business as usual.

If I felt like I was coming down with something then I would stay home and take care of myself.

The Ivermectin sure couldn't hurt

Good luck to you Dennis

4 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

?

Ivermectin

I took Ivermectin (horse de-wormer) on Cob's recommendation on Dec. 13, with a second dose on the 16.  I tested positive for COVID on the 19th (I tested because a co-worker had it).  I had minimal symptoms.  Coincidence?  I don't know, but it worked for me.

I would sure take it if I had access to some.   My symptoms have been minor and been long enough i am hoping to stay that way.

8 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Do as you wish. I realize there are HIPA laws that protect names but if they cannot be any more specific than “someone” there tested positive I’d be fairly skeptical personally.

Must depend where you are somewhat. My wife isn’t forced to quarantine when kids in her class at school test positive because it isn’t convenient for the school that way.  I worked with a guy that tested positive and they never even asked me because it wasn’t convenient for the company. You are trying to do what is right in your mind and good for you to be that way. 

The school district that my Wife teaches for does not define it as contact if you are around someone with Covid and you are both wearing a mask.  I don't get it!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I took Ivermectin (horse de-wormer) on Cob's recommendation on Dec. 13, with a second dose on the 16.  I tested positive for COVID on the 19th (I tested because a co-worker had it).  I had minimal symptoms.  Coincidence?  I don't know, but it worked for me.

Not coincidence, it is a prophilaxis. Not a cure all, just a mitigater.

Good luck and hopefully you come out good in the end.  I rode in the work truck with my coworker up until the day before he got sick and was out of work for 6 weeks.  I never changed my habits and went on with life as usual.  Never got anything or had any symptoms.

51 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Same here......

That’s what I like to do but doc changed my medicine and I got bad sick at work they wouldn’t let me come back till test came back took almost a week got caught up on some fencing.

11 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

?

well nutz.............dont forget your ivermectin if you get feel bad