Jump to content

Anyone wear Duluth buck naked base layers?


vtfireman85
 Share

Recommended Posts

so I ordered this shirt, gotta do something as carhartt has discontinued the base layer shirt i like, i have had issues with undershirts since i got a slag burn around my collar, ones i had always worn drive me crazy, the carhartt were the only ones i have found i can stand.  I havr largely been satisfied with Duluth stuff, though they seem to have nothing but stretch pants.
 

https://www.duluthtrading.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-DTC-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=94274&dwvar_94274_color=GPH

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just have a pair of Duluth's boxers.  The Duluth's and the Exofficio's that I got from L. L. Bean are both OK, but nothing like the MeUndies I have.  I have decided that if I continue to spend crazy money for underwear, it will be MeUndies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to always wear Duluth stuff until they priced it out of my league. I am not out in the weather like I used to be, so spending that much, for me doesn’t make sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heck of it was I really liked these carhartt force shirts, they were lighter and closer fitting than the force t-shirts, but not skin tight or baggy. I have found this terramar brand theirs seem ok, but still not the same, more synthetic feeling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She buys all my clothes at St Vincent DePaul.

Sweatshirts/jeans/lined jeans and I buy my boots, as you know, used online for about 15 to 20 bucks a pair.

You need to lower the bar a bit. 

Vermontacians.... sigh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Pay attention to synthetics when welding!  They can MELT INTO YOUR HIDE!!!

Hence the sensitivity to shirts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Duluth's all cotton briefs. They are long, go past mid thigh. Comfortable year around.

I tried their armachillo cool briefs but they weren't and sweat more that the all cotton. 

I have a couple of their all cotton pocket tee shirts, comfortable as well.

I wear these when in the truck because my dear mother always told me to "wear cool underwear, you never know when you will be in a wreck". At least I think she said "cool", she had a really thick German accent. 

1067592828_duluthunderwear.png.390faae395237a5fc7d0332a0772f97b.png

 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I like Duluth's all cotton briefs. They are long, go past mid thigh. Comfortable year around.

I tried their armachillo cool briefs but they weren't and sweat more that the all cotton. 

I have a couple of their all cotton pocket tee shirts, comfortable as well.

I wear these when in the truck because my dear mother always told me to "wear cool underwear, you never know when you will be in a wreck". At least I think she said "cool", she had a really thick German accent. 

1067592828_duluthunderwear.png.390faae395237a5fc7d0332a0772f97b.png

 

Too funny!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have a couple of these tops/bottoms and LOVE THEM - they make different weights for different climates/times of year. 

very reasonably priced as im about as thrifty ( some call me cheap ) as they come 

https://www.32degrees.com/collections/mens-base-layer?sort_by=manual&compactView=true&page=1

never shopped or purched any duluth stuff i always was skeered of their prices 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

i have a couple of these tops/bottoms and LOVE THEM - they make different weights for different climates/times of year. 

very reasonably priced as im about as thrifty ( some call me cheap ) as they come 

https://www.32degrees.com/collections/mens-base-layer?sort_by=manual&compactView=true&page=1

never shopped or purched any duluth stuff i always was skeered of their prices 

Fwiw...$0

Duluth isnt all USA.  Prob isnt 100% best stuff every time.  Not cheapest either.

But...i have several button down shirts from them along with some Henleys, a feww short and long sleeve Tees.  They all look and feel new no matter 1 or 4 years old.  Im 240 6' and should jog some.  Every thing just fits better and feels better than any other brand of clothes I have had.  I have not bit and got the jeans.  She gets me Old Navy jeans which are fine and wear ok for town pants.  I have kirkland for barn since they get used used.  $14 a pair 2 pair a year.  Fine with me.  

The Duluth flannel lined jeans sure look nice   but i bet to warm for town jeans.  The firehose jeans temp...but i hateeeee brown duck anything and that looks same.  

I may try that undershirt for chilly days.  Id rather wear 3 4 layers and skip insulated coveralls.  Feel so clumsy with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ole Uncle Single ply is ready to chime in on par with the King of Western PA's thoughts.......................As a user of FREE seed corn, fertilizer, parts, tool, shipper, etc clothing, I find it very interesting how much time you seem to give to articles of clothing.  I can't remember ever giving two craps about how a shirt "Fit"??????   I must clearly not be informed on this subject????  The only thing I know is my wife stole all my Dekalb shirts as she said it made her feel like we have money wearing them????    Maybe I should steal one back and try it and I might know what your talking about here?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Ole Uncle Single ply is ready to chime in on par with the King of Western PA's thoughts.......................As a user of FREE seed corn, fertilizer, parts, tool, shipper, etc clothing, I find it very interesting how much time you seem to give to articles of clothing.  I can't remember ever giving two craps about how a shirt "Fit"??????   I must clearly not be informed on this subject????  The only thing I know is my wife stole all my Dekalb shirts as she said it made her feel like we have money wearing them????    Maybe I should steal one back and try it and I might know what your talking about here?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wth are you on about? You been hanging out with mmi? Speaking Pennsylvania Dutch again? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...