Oil............Question

TP from Central PA

Since Hy-Tran has been bottled by viscosity forever.................Does this mean the new Shell version is brand X oil?  Or is it ok because the mothership said so?  Flip side of that, that would make viscosity a "Will Fit" oil not the OEM now?  Seems like a real pickle for some of you....................But on the positive it appears mine with brand X oil will end up being ok, Was really worried after I learned in the oil discussions they were going to fly apart immediately.

And for the political minded here, it seems both will pollute the environment and will probably be replaced in the green new deal by a food grade blend that costs 5x the going rate now per gallon.

See a post for everyone!

6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

will probably be replaced in the green new deal by a food grade blend 

mmmmmmmmm french fries??

Is the new hy tran labeled the same as it was a year ago or is it now hy tran ultra super traction or something? Just curious if there is a new spec change with switching over to shell or it still the same. Curious to see if we start seeing viscosity hy tran around here. Shell hyd/tran oil was not much cheaper than hytran from what I found. All the higher quality oils were within range we just stuck with hytran 

12 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

The question will be can Viscosity sell the the CIH blends or will they have to sell some slightly different formula?

The No. 1 engine oil is only listed under the CIH tab on their web site

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the timing of the switch isn't IP related. Probably, someone's expired.

13 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

and will probably be replaced in the green new deal by a food grade blend that costs 5x the going rate now per gallon

Have you seen this trend? I wonder if the green movment is pushing this stuff

It might be good for the bean grower but I wonder if the rats are going to start eating your tires

image.png.e657dee606589390ff0930af0d4ef479.png

17 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Since Hy-Tran has been bottled by viscosity forever.................Does this mean the new Shell version is brand X oil?  Or is it ok because the mothership said so?  Flip side of that, that would make viscosity a "Will Fit" oil not the OEM now?  Seems like a real pickle for some of you....................But on the positive it appears mine with brand X oil will end up being ok, Was really worried after I learned in the oil discussions they were going to fly apart immediately.

And for the political minded here, it seems both will pollute the environment and will probably be replaced in the green new deal by a food grade blend that costs 5x the going rate now per gallon.

See a post for everyone!

My bulk hy-tran has been delivered by a viscosity truck, will be interesting to see if my next delivery comes from a bulk shell truck.

Archived