IH 484 Adding hyd power beyond when tractor has no SCV only 3 point rockshaft

On the IH 484 I just bought it does not have any SCV remote outlets. Is there a hyd power beyond plate I can add to pipe hyd pressure to a one or two section open flow spool valve?

Also where can I dump the return hyd flow back into the transmission case? I am thinking this would be cheaper that trying to get all the parts from a salvage tractor parts place.

We operate a 464 earlier version of the 484. I am basically responding because I want you to be recognized.

Personally if I would find a junk yard with the stock parts it would less of a hassle to bite the bullet and purchase the parts.

Our 464 has the in-out 1 channel stock remotes, I always thought 1 channel was stock on our model of tractor.  Great for a drag behind disk for power up and down.

If the parts are not available I would get schematics from the service manual and sort of duplicate stock system.

Do you see end cap like this on end of your rear remote valve?

This would usual get replace with a power beyond end cap. 

to give supply pressure. 

They are very hard to come by Try WWW.ihpartsandequipment.com

See if Mike can help you.

P1110241.JPG

By your right leg is there a lever? hydraulic lever?

under the seat there should be some hydraulic

and a valve by your right leg, if not than it should have some kind of end cap like one I pictured. 

6 minutes ago, oldiron29 said:

By your right leg is there a lever? hydraulic lever?

under the seat there should be some hydraulic

and a valve by your right leg, if not than it should have some kind of end cap like one I pictured. 

He has said like 3 times it doesn't have aux remotes.  Clearly stated in the first post.

Doesn't matter if it has remotes or not.  Need a power beyond cap.  Bolts on where the remote valves bolt on.  Only difference is length of the bolts. 

Personally, I wouldn't look very long before just having a machine shop make one. 

11 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

He has said like 3 times it doesn't have aux remotes.  Clearly stated in the first post.

Doesn't matter if it has remotes or not.  Need a power beyond cap.  Bolts on where the remote valves bolt on.  Only difference is length of the bolts. 

Personally, I wouldn't look very long before just having a machine shop make one. 

Question is the block that the valves bolt to there? I would guess not. I have pm'ed op for picture of what is there.

I have never seen an IH 84 series tractor without at least one remote hydraulic outlet installed from the factory.
I can see how the loader hydraulic spools could be connected but I will wait to see if anyone has done it before with this configuration.

I have never seen one either. Something like this is what I expected. Though I did not see that banjo in parts. Don't mean it isn't there.

If your only using for remotes. Take union apart behind banjo. Loosen banjo and turn forward. Hook in line of valve to pipe and return to banjo.

If connecting loader. Cap banjo and use bottom return.

Open to correction if I got the flow wrong but thats the way I see it.

• Like 2

Just for the reason of saying it, I was wrong.  I too have never seen an 84 series with no remote valves, but assumed that the block the valves bolt to would be there.  I didn't see any reference to the banjo fitting in the parts book either, however, there was a listing for power beyond hoses for "tractors with a loader" that didn't show any other parts.... it may be that they were for tractors without the valves, but with a loader.  Either way, I agree with snoshoe.  Follow his recommendations above. 

1 hour ago, JimG said:

Would the banjo fitting supply oil to the hitch?

The way I have this in my head is supply comes from mcv to unloading valve. If valve is closed oil goes through cover to hitch. If valve is open oil goes out pipe that connects to banjo. Banjo is simply return to housing. If tractor had auxillaries. The pipe would be their supply and they would return to port that banjo is in.

I don't know which way the oil flows into or out of the banjo fitting.

When I get to work on that I will take it apart and crank engine to see which way it flows.

I need to work on the shifting problem on 3&4 gear first.

Thanks Guys for all your help!

I think I found the parts you were talking about.

On a normal 484 that would be the return hydraulic oil going to a connection in a pipe at the back of the seat that goes to the back of the MCV into the oil filter I believe.
So the oil will be flowing out of the banjo fitting. BUT again your configuration maybe different.

7 minutes ago, LOFAYTX said:

Where is it going from the banjo? Is it going to rockshaft or just dumping into transmission case.

We seem to have some disagreement. I will wait for the results of your cranking test. If oil comes out of banjo instead of line. Then I don't know anything about this tractor and you should disregard anything I've said in this thread.

9 hours ago, snoshoe said:

We seem to have some disagreement. I will wait for the results of your cranking test. If oil comes out of banjo instead of line. Then I don't know anything about this tractor and you should disregard anything I've said in this thread.

Snoshoe, you could be completely correct. Everytime I comment on one of these Louisville, KY, assembled machines I am usually wrong as I am only familiar with the Canadian models that are very similar to the European models. 

@jimb2 not picking on you at all. It's myself I'm having trouble with. Memory is slipping away. The point is if I have the flow wrong. Then nothing I've said is correct. We await the op to tell us which way it's going.

• Like 1