Rubber insulated chore boot

junkandcattle

I have Muck brand muckmaster chore boots and this is the third time the bottom is coming off the upper. First time they were about a year old second time at 2 years old. I repaired with gorilla glue both times today the left one started falling apart. My neighbor followed my lead on these boots and has to repair them also. I am not forking over another 125 bucks for more of the same. What is everyone else using? I like the soft top and the insulation is adequate but the glue sucks if they were 30 dollars it would be different.

I had the muck campfire boot as a slipon, I LOVED THEM, but they cracked at the toe bend and then at the elastic slipon portion they split, then the sole rotted out, aside from your price mention I couldn't find another pair so went with a couple of cabela lookalike, not waterproof but not bad, then I found a slipon called huntshield, same basic price range, same waterproof and a tad higher, I think they make boot styles like you want.

Dunlops seem to be pretty well liked and last not bad, just pricey. I got a pair of Actons for home over a year now. Less than half the price of dunlops. Been really good except I burned a small hole in the toe down to the composite toe when welding and now that boot leaks a bit in spring. Not the boots fault. I got new dunlops for work. Steel toe and they get a little colder but so far seem good. I will say I'm not going back to boots with a removable liner. These actons I have are warm down to -40 with no liners or anything else

We have tried different brands of chore boots over the years and could only get between 1 or 2 years out of them. Then 6 years ago we went Viking 14 boots. These are fireman boots. Really heavy rubber that holds up well. We are on our second pair that have 2 years on them.

I have a pair of boots made by Baffin that I wear at work when I'm in the woods. They are shin high and have a removable liner. They seem to hold up well, I'm on my second pair, the first pair lasted two winters. They started to crack in front where they flex. They aren't too spendy either, about $75.00 a pair from amazon, I can't find them locally.

8 minutes ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I have a pair of boots made by Baffin that I wear at work when I'm in the woods. They are shin high and have a removable liner. They seem to hold up well, I'm on my second pair, the first pair lasted two winters. They started to crack in front where they flex. They aren't too spendy either, about $75.00 a pair from amazon, I can't find them locally.

I used to buy only baffins of that style. Would be the only one like that that would hold up. Bought my last pair a few years ago now. Didn't last the winter. Seems like every time I bought they lasted less and less

I have Bogs, not in love with the model i chose because the sole is not as supportive as I would like, but they have gone and gone, from what i understand the warranty is outstanding, though i have never had to try. 
the felt insoles make a huge difference in warmth. 

A5C48EB1-0203-4F13-A392-39179BDE509A.jpeg

3BC0A721-75CA-4174-8ABA-9D729EEB0E82.jpeg

5E18EBC7-12AE-4210-81D4-4D7EB359FFC8.jpeg

4E140A2D-8EA7-4F92-B22D-D01F40D44053.jpeg

77A0CD14-F2BF-4890-B9D4-CA7AFD1574BE.jpeg

When we were in Dunham’s (sporting goods store) a few years ago dad found some cheap $30-$50 a pair insulated steel toe muck boots (were listed as hunting boots). They are by no means the best or most comfortable boot but they have held up well. I don’t use them as much as some of you but muck boots are one thing we usually spend less on because they aren’t used as much as work boots 

I would not rule out a cheaper set of boots especially if you depend on them being waterproof because it doesn’t always take much to cause a leak in them 

Fwiw....i wear barn boots 12hr a day pretty near every day.  If you wear boots 6 month that's unbelievable.  Xtra-tuff were the best.  Then moved to china.  Terrible....  now maybe 4 months and sides blow and tread is fast wearing. 

I have a pair of xtratuff insulated for nasty cold.  But wear DeLaval steeltoe rest of time.  They are tick slender.  And maybe a tick hard soled.  Superfeet make huge difference.  But 2 years....easy.  3 probably.  Last pair got tore by metal part i was welding.  They are under 100 too boot.  Xtratuff used to be great then move to china to escape epa regs.  Then with all the savings in china raised the price....

Just now, TroyDairy said:

Fwiw....i wear barn boots 12hr a day pretty near every day.  If you wear boots 6 month that's unbelievable.  My guys get a pair of normal in spring then in fall pair of insulated.  They are shot by then.

Xtra-tuff were the best.  Then moved to china.  Terrible....  now maybe 4 months and sides blow and tread is fast wearing. 

I have a pair of xtratuff insulated for nasty cold.  But wear DeLaval steeltoe rest of time.  They are tick slender.  And maybe a tick hard soled.  Superfeet make huge difference.  But 2 years....easy.  3 probably.  Last pair got tore by metal part i was welding.  They are under 100 too boot.  Xtratuff used to be great then move to china to escape epa regs.  Then with all the savings in china raised the price....

7 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Fwiw....i wear barn boots 12hr a day pretty near every day.  If you wear boots 6 month that's unbelievable.  Xtra-tuff were the best.  Then moved to china.  Terrible....  now maybe 4 months and sides blow and tread is fast wearing. 

Yep. Extra-tuff were the only boots to buy.  Fishing industry didn’t wear anything but, almost every Alaskan had them, kids got them and handed them down to siblings.  They moved to China, now your better of buying cheap rubber boot from the box store. They will outlast extra-tuff

another iconic brand ruined by a new CEO fixing things.   Now the only people who wear extra tuffs a trendy girls trying to look outdoors 

1 hour ago, IH Forever said:

have a pair of DryShod Haymakers. So far so good.

Store where I bought my Mucks are selling those now instead of Mucks

Got along great with northeners for years then the quality went south guess all good things come to an end

i have worn muck artic boots for years .the bottom delaminate. tried glueing with rubber cement and gorilla. No dice . i bought a pair of Dryshod artics. less money than muck . better design. the guy started muck then sold out then started dry shod. i doubt because of better design i wont have the same problem. Oh they keep your feet toasty too

Archived