Utility beds.

Mitch 865

Yesterday I went to look at a 01 F350 dually with 7.3L PSD 6speed manual 4X4 with alittle over 201K on the clock. The truck runs and drives perfect. The body and bed has minor surface rust. Original owner is retiring and not needing the truck anymore. The utility bed is 9FT with the top of the boxes to the bed being about 2IN taller than my other trucks bed. Is it possible to put a gooseneck hitch in to pull a trailer? I will not be pulling trailers all the time with the truck. Just a flatbed with seeds and chemicals during planting. Will the boxes clear the neck with out hitting? Has anyone ever pulled gooseneck trailer with a utility bed truck? How was the hitch put in? 

have pulled with convertible dump

1 bed sides need to be clear

2 neck needs to be tall/open, as ground/life will not be level

3 ball tube needs adj so it will work now (level) and in std truck later

4 there are stock models close to what you want.(6-8") ours was a little extra (9-14" setting on top of hoist),dont know the names or sizes ,mfg asked xyz and built,

I don't know about the height of the boxes and a gooseneck, but I can tell you what happened to my service body. It had surface rust until one day I threw a small stump in and it went out through the bottom and to the ground. Look at the underside of that body real good. Mine had a piece of g channel as a crossmember. You couldn't see it from the sides. If it's never been at least rinsed out there's been a batch of crap sitting in it rotting away. Don't let me turn you off your idea, but look at the bottom of the body real good

You would want your GN ball slightly ahead of rear axle. With 9' bed how much room does that leave you for trailer. 

As far as side height, I don't believe it would leave you much room. Would have to be really careful on uneven ground. 

In my limited experience I have never seen a gooseneck trailer behind a pickup with utility bed. I have seen crunched pickup boxes from uneven ground and not paying attention. 

Any way you could back this pickup up to your trailer to see how it looks?

trailers can be had/ordered to accommodate 

A standard neck may struggle to clear length and height 

If its only a couple inches you have a good chance 

If the bed sides are in the way or your trailer lacks adjustment move the ball back to give clearance since your not pulling it much

Do you have a pic of it. Mine has a turnover ball on it and I’m just careful on where I pull a trailer. 

E633AF58-B286-4232-9EB1-2BB363683C2A.jpegNeck of some trailers I’m sure wouldn’t work or would be close but with my gooseneck it will clear the top of my boxes on level ground. 
  I did crush the side in on my 01 years ago. Pulling up on a pond dam and turned to go across it makes a bed crunch like a pop can. Been flatbeds for me ever since.